flikr and groups

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
i have probably exhausted at present my input here for the time being under the main headings....

thought i would join the group idea on flikr...got so far ok uploading on black to white, people, and flikr friday
now my add a photo page is partly obscured by nomenclature and wont work
any others have similar problems...doesnt bother me if they dont go into the pool...just passing time for enjoyment
greetings
geof

I'm afraid I'm finding it a bit hard to follow this but are you sure you haven't just reached a daily upload limit for a particular group?

i have probably exhausted at present my input here for the time being under the main headings....

thought i would join the group idea on flikr...got so far ok uploading on black to white, people, and flikr friday
now my add a photo page is partly obscured by nomenclature and wont work
any others have similar problems...doesnt bother me if they dont go into the pool...just passing time for enjoyment
greetings
geof

Can you show us a screen shot of what you mean? I'm not sure I follow either. I've just checked a few groups I've joined and there's nothing blocking the add photo option. Maybe just use the 'add to group' option under neat the exif data on each photo. This is better as you can add a photo to all the relevant groups that pop up without having to actually visit the groups in turn. It's very small text btw, easily missed.

Can you show us a screen shot of what you mean? I'm not sure I follow either. I've just checked a few groups I've joined and there's nothing blocking the add photo option. Maybe just use the 'add to group' option under neat the exif data on each photo. This is better as you can add a photo to all the relevant groups that pop up without having to actually visit the groups in turn. It's very small text btw, easily missed.

thanks will try that....here is a screenshot of what i see as i try to load up one shot
its the same for the allowable 5
flikr no-no 1.jpg
however i just loaded a black to white group entry which loaded up ok...its only the people and places which shows this
cheers
geof

thanks will try that....here is a screenshot of what i see as i try to load up one shot
its the same for the allowable 5
View attachment 245234
however i just loaded a black to white group entry which loaded up ok...its only the people and places which shows this
cheers
geof

Might be just that group then, maybe start a thread about it within the group itself, see if any others have the same issue. But, chances of replies in most Flickr groups are slim at best, mostly it's hit and run drop off images, people don't even enter the group to do so. Try adding images to the group the way i suggested instead.

its a puzzlement
i reset my yahoo password and re logged into Flikr
all ok
but still no result on that strange happening on the mentioned entry
i tried to put an entry in another group... and got the qualification
its been in, or in another group or doesnt comply with the rules
in fact it was a shot i havent used before
last hope parthian shot....does ONE NEED TO BE A PRO MEMBER TO BE ACCEPTED IN THESE PERIPHERAL GROUPS..
all went fine for a few weeks and my photo input in total on the main site is 760....less than 1000
best of luck...and send me some if you get any
cheers
geof...:ty:

Last edited:
To add to a group I first join the group, then when uploading images I get the option to add to groups on the LHS of the image edit window - clicking on that opens a box in the centre of the screen that lets me select which groups to add the image to. Alternatively I can add an image already uploaded by opening the image, then selecting groups from the dialogue box below the image on the RHS.

To add to a group I first join the group, then when uploading images I get the option to add to groups on the LHS of the image edit window - clicking on that opens a box in the centre of the screen that lets me select which groups to add the image to. Alternatively I can add an image already uploaded by opening the image, then selecting groups from the dialogue box below the image on the RHS.
i tried this but wasnt following too well and stumbled onto a solution
on my flikr shot down below where exif,it plainly states...dohh...this photo is not in any group or in whatever groups it is in...i did a few to check and they do appear in the groups.... strange though that the initial way i was loading gave me problems...so here we are!!

the only guiding light on this forum is the ancient mariner!!

ps if it is in a group you get an 'x' not and if not, you get a tick yes and the list of the groups its in!!
and what ho!!...you have exceeded the maximum for this group...

God bless you

Last edited:
Back