flora (4 pics)

wez130

Steak,wedges and a pint
Edit My Images
Yes
taken these a few weeks/months ago but just got round to having a ylittle play with them, what do you think?

flower%20small.jpg

flower%20stamen%20small.jpg

flower%20stamen2%20small.jpg

lily%20small.jpg

Wooooo, very nice. Have you shopped them in any way?

only 'shopping' is small adjustment of levels, very slight increase in saturation and contrast, and the resize for the web :)

nice stuff Wez, which lens?

wez130 said:
reverse mounted 35-80mm canon ;)

Oooh, nifty. Care to talk us through how you managed it?
Unless of course you just took the lens off, turned it round and held it there and hoped for the best :D

i have a lens reversing adapter so i screw the front of the lens onto the adapter (52mm), then basically, mount the lens onto the camera backwards (front of lens into camera). Obviously, you lose control of AF and aperture, and you have an incredibly small DOF less than 1mm at 35mm end, also when you are literally 1-2cm away from your subject, the flash is useless too so you need good light on the subject. It is more of a challenge than taking normal photographs, but when you get the right results, it's well worth it.
Also, the wider the lens you use, the more magnification you can get, so those of the stamen above were i think taken at 35mm, the one of the lily was at about 50mm, and if i used 18mm i could have got much closer, but losing even more DOF

Is there some way of corrolating those number into 'normal' numbers?

Back