Flower abstract - does it work?

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Would welcome opinions/critique :)
No PS work other than a resize. I liked the colours, the background is actually one of those fluorescent cards

brachycome2.jpg

i would like to have seen the tips nearest a little more sharp, and im not 100% sure on the green backdrop

i like the idea though, i tried this myself but didnt get on well with it

thanks guys, I'm going to try it again with white as a background. Don't want anything too dark because of the pale colours, want to keep it like that if I can :)

I really like that one, it has a great blend of natural and artificial look to it. 8)

I really like it too. Cropped into a square perhaps, it wouldn't look out of place being sold in an arty shop.

Matt

This is one of those shots that breaks all the rules but almost pulls it off. There is hardly any of the flower visible, what is visible is not horizontal, the depth of filed chosen is very narrow and the background is way too bright yet it still is pleasing to the eye. This is a great example of why we should experiment and not get caught with the standard rules.

Having said all that, I have said it nearly works, for it to work in my opinion a darker background would achieve that goal. I would try a few different colours and don’t be tempted to opt for the black, white or blue that we normally see. You have been different and nearly pulled it off, stick with the different and get it to work.

Obviously this picture was taken a while ago and has now passed it’s sell by date but the advice given above can be applied to your next attempt, probably with a new subject ;)

I really like this, it's a very good attempt. I like the soft look but maybe trying the same pic with a little sharpening would also be nice. Maybe a little more space above the petals rather than below. But very good.

dod said:
thanks guys, I'm going to try it again with white as a background. Don't want anything too dark because of the pale colours, want to keep it like that if I can :)

I think white or even a cream background would make what's already a pleasing picture into a very good one.

Back