Flower + Bug Macros.... dunno what types tho

Edit My Images
Yes
:shrug: i dont know what type of flower this is, and i didnt see the little bugs in it when i took the photo but i like it anyway......

But here ya are.....
Flower.jpg

And here is one of an insect i took, bit disappointed i missed the eyes but it was handheld at f8 with no flash, love the colour of his back tho. anyone know what it is?

CropF8.jpg

C+C always welcome!

EDIT:
Different crop on bug
f8newcrop.jpg

I wouldn't be disappointed with that hand held and no flash! Is it a crop? Composition might have been better without the feelers cut off even if they are OOF. Gives the bug 'somewhere to go' with a bit more space on the right.

Guess the flower could be a dog rose? but what do I know about flowers :LOL:

Yeh it is a crop hang on will put up a slightly less tight cropped one

all PP was levels and crop in PS

The bug is a Oedemera nobilis, or better known as the Thick-legged Flower Beetle. I found out earlier as I have a photo of the same thing posted just below your thread lol

aah! cheers matey

Oh and yours is a female as apparently only the males have thick back legs - my shot was the male where as yours has much thinner legs combared to it so I was very clever and put two and two together there...lol :D

ok sounds like a reasonable assumption! im gonna go out n look for a male one now! they seem to like buttercups lol......

Back