Flower Shapes - Studio Still life

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken yesterday in studio as part of my HNC. I used my 40D + 24-70 and two bowen 500 studio flash units one with a large softbox and the other with a snoot. spent about 4 hours working on these hope it payed off!!! :)

Flowershots-1456.jpg

Flowershots-1468.jpg

Flowershots-1471.jpg

Flowershots-1475.jpg

Flowershots-1494.jpg

Flowershots-1502.jpg

Flowershots-1507.jpg

Flowershots-1510.jpg

Flowershots-1513.jpg

As I scrolled down, they just got better and better.

I'm not too sure about #1....on my screen there are some funny colours happening on the background, but that might just be my monitor. The shadow on #2 is a bit off putting (but not much). #3 & 4...that little dead bit at the end of the petal is making me reach for the scissors ;). The next four are just really good...nice lighting and super sharp.
Last one doesn't do much for me. IMHO overall 8/10 :clap:

As I scrolled down, they just got better and better.

I'm not too sure about #1....on my screen there are some funny colours happening on the background, but that might just be my monitor. The shadow on #2 is a bit off putting (but not much). #3 & 4...that little dead bit at the end of the petal is making me reach for the scissors ;). The next four are just really good...nice lighting and super sharp.
Last one doesn't do much for me. IMHO overall 8/10 :clap:

Thank you, Much appricated (y)

4 hours well spent! they are all good but I especially like the 4 in portrait format(y)

I've just re-read my post, and it sounds a bit patronising....I didn't mean it too......sorry if it read that way to you. :)

No not at all, Thank you for your comments :)

ben g Re: Flower Shapes - Studio Still life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 hours well spent! they are all good but I especially like the 4 in portrait format

Thanks Ben (y)

Back