flower snaps

Edit My Images
Yes
went for a walk this afternoon as is was a very nice day here in south wales. brought the camera and nifty fifty with me and snapped these as quick as poss to avoid annoying the mrs. bit boring i know but i tried to think about the backgrounds in them and i'm pretty pleased with that aspect.

DSC_7703border.jpg

DSC_7664border.jpg

DSC_7657border.jpg

"stop making me pose for photos, i hate them"
DSC_7651.jpg

c+c welcome as always

i like them all. i like the way the background is out of focus ,
the focus is only on the subjects...

i like the second one best

minimeeze said:
I like the first one - simple, but effective.
me too, really nice

The first one works really well, although there is little wrong with the others to complain about :)

Another nice set of photos noah

First one is my favourite. The way the flowers lean out, the general composition, the way everything but the flowerheads are out of focus, the fact the flowers themselves are perfect specimens..... it all makes a great photo. On my monitor it does look a teeny bit underexposed but that would be my only grumble. well done.

no2 for me, just on subjective whims really, nothing technical. And you're g/f shouldn't complain, you always do her justice!

I really like the composition of the first one but its the second one I keep coming back to, something about it ... I guess its the because the colours are so relaxing and yet the DOF still makes it 'pop'.

lovely set of photo's, daffs are great colours and the primula denticulata is brilliant:whistle2:
would just like to see the big white patches behind your GF's head removed, as i find them distracting.

The first two of the flower shot I prefer, but the protrait is so well lit by natural light, but do burn out , crop or clone those burnt out highlights in the background which will turn good into great!

thanks for all the great coments guys, i'm away on a placement in swansea at the min so don't get much of a chance to read everything during the week, nice to come back to this :D

my favorite is also the first, but after printing them all out (on ilford paper with the profile- much better results, thanks for the recommendations) the second one is fast taking over.

gandhi - she's slowly getting more accepting of it, you should have seen her face when i removed the so called 'bags' from under her eyes in another shot, now i'm the only one who is allowed to take pics of her!

and i shall get to work on some cloning on the portrait and on the 3rd one as the white patch on the right of the centre is quite distractinga at A4 size.

thanks

no probs, it's quite easy. unfortunately the computer i'm on doesn have photoshop so i'll have to do it from memory.

shrink your image to the required size
duplicate the background layer (ctrl+J)
increase canvas size with a white surround about 20%
at the bottom of the layers palette there are about 4 little icons, under one of them (might be layer styles?) is the option to add a drop shadow, add this to the top layer. you can fiddle with the spread and size of the shadow in the sub menus.

for text i add it last. some say add it then shrink it for nicer edges on the text but i find if you sharpen the image (which you need to do with a photo when you shrink it) you end up with a rough edged font.

hope that helps

Back