Critique Flowers

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out yesterday with a 105mm macro lens to photograph Flowers !
Surprising difficult to get a good focus and not 'blow' the colours to much in bright sunlight ( a welcome change)

14-04-2024 White Flower.jpg14-04-2024 Red Flower.jpg14-04-2024 Pink Flower.jpg

They look great on my screen, Steve. I think to be centrally composed (#2 & 3), it may be improved by having them a little more 'head-on' and possibly closer i.e. without the surroundings. They appear to have a slight slant as they are at the moment. Of course, this is just one person's opinion! Super effort all the same.

They look great on my screen, Steve. I think to be centrally composed (#2 & 3), it may be improved by having them a little more 'head-on' and possibly closer i.e. without the surroundings. They appear to have a slight slant as they are at the moment. Of course, this is just one person's opinion! Super effort all the same.
Thanks, it was camera club meet so not allowed to pose subjects. Did my best to adjust my positioning with the available light using a 105mm prime 'macro' but the last 2 were higher than me, hence the slight angle. thanks again for taking your time to comment !

I think on the white flower I'd like to see the petals whiter - they look a bit under exposed to me.

Having the background flower not intersecting with either the main flower or the edge of the frame would be ideal, but easier to say when looking at the image on a screen, rather than when composing the shot.

I think on the white flower I'd like to see the petals whiter - they look a bit under exposed to me.

Having the background flower not intersecting with either the main flower or the edge of the frame would be ideal, but easier to say when looking at the image on a screen, rather than when composing the shot.
Thanks, I was trying very hard not to 'blow' the whites so my well have under-exposed. Composition could have been better !
Thanks again for taking your time to comment !

It is a fine balance, but you should be able to tweak in Lightroom etc.

Back