A couple of Butterfly close-ups...

5679396121_5ae8df0ee8.jpg
[/url] ButtBrwnEyes2 by Ian W Holt, on Flickr[/IMG]

5679955418_bd15040916.jpg
[/url] ButtBlk&Red by Ian W Holt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Any comments welcome
Thanks
Ian

Thanks Dini - I agree, the second one is a bit ugly, the red markings on the body being its only attraction - but I also like the fact its been playing in the pollen..

Ian

Thanks Stuart - scary looking on that side of the wings, but when she flies she has the most beautiful purple colours on the opposite side...

Ian

Very nice images Ian, the colours on the second butterfly really are lovely, and I like the way it is positioned in the fold of the leaf - nice timing.
David.

Nice one David thanks

Ian

Thanks Rhod, much appreciated.

Ian

Really? did you manage to catch a shot of the purple wings?

I wish - I couldn't get above one whilst it was flying to take an "in flight" shot, and when they land they close up straight away....

Sorry

Ian

Lovely shots. Did you crop them much? Where were they taken?

Fabulous shot Ian both well sharp, disagree with everyone who says #2 is ugly, Ive never seen an ugly butterfly, the are all beautiful insects, well done :clap:

Lovely shots. Did you crop them much? Where were they taken?

Thanks Jo

Only minor cropping, you can get really close to the butterflies at Chester Zoo!!
I have many photographs with butterflies that have landed on my hand! :LOL:

Thanks Jo

Only minor cropping, you can get really close to the butterflies at Chester Zoo!!
I have many photographs with butterflies that have landed on my hand! :LOL:

I do take photographs in the wild as well, but have to resort to places like this during off seasons ;)

Fabulous shot Ian both well sharp, disagree with everyone who says #2 is ugly, Ive never seen an ugly butterfly, the are all beautiful insects, well done :clap:

Thanks Dave

You are of course right, I love all butterflies, but I see what people mean with some of the less glamorous patterns..

Ian

Great shots. I know they don't stay still long.

The first looks very like a Blue Morpho

Try here Blue Morpho

It is indeed a Blue Morpho, am sure some of them stock photos are mine!
Thanks for the kind comment & link.

Ian

Second is a Scarlet Swallow tale ( I think, easier to ID when flat )

The Blue Morph is a male, hard for anyone to tell from my Photo, but I had the advantage of seeing it in flight..

Back