2. Spotted Flycatcher
flycatcher.jpg

3. Goldcrest
goldcrest2.jpg

4. Goldcrest
goldcrest.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ewan

Some nice captures the Ewan. One thing thiugh is there seems to be a fair bit of noise on these images, not sure if thats how they came out of the camera or if its down to processing :shrug:

Love the Flycatcher Ewan,:clap: and if the two Goldcrest shots were sharp they would have been stunners.(y)

The first 2 are really good Ewan, and you got your bird in the second 2. Well done.:)

I agree with Mitch , the first two are very good, the other two could do with a bit of sharpening up.

The Goldcrests could be sharper and less noisy for sure, but a great capture of an elusive little bird. (y)

Thanks everyone :)

Yes the goldcrest shots are not up to standard I know - was in the shade so even with a high iso the shutter speeds were pretty pathetic! Lammie they have been sharpened quite a lot and that's the main reason they are so noisy :)

I'm going to go back soon and try again - thanks again all :)

That first one is superb mate,great capture indeed,shame about the noise though.

Some nice captures the Ewan. One thing thiugh is there seems to be a fair bit of noise on these images, not sure if thats how they came out of the camera or if its down to processing :shrug:

Do you have a Nikon, Ewan? :D :LOL:

What?????? :nono: :shrug:

Great shots Ewan (y)Never seen a Goldcrest before .Pity about the noise but still you have a photo .Good luck when you go back again. Spotted Flycatcher shots are great (y)

Thanks everyone :) Except Janice :D

LP - I had heard a wren calling from somewhere inside a clump of trees so I sat on the grass and waited. I never saw the wren but saw 5 LTTs, coal tits, blue tits, great tits, flycatchers, and goldcrests. So I was well pleased in the end :D

TomB - that is some impressive noise removal. I shall try that sometime (y)

Goldcrests and Firecrests are the same size and are actually Europes smallest birds, but the Firecrest is much rarer in the UK.(y)

Back