FM2 ring straps

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
These little things for my FM2
pp-nsr.jpg

Mine didn't come with them which I was not happy about. Just wondering if anyone had some which they would like to part with please :)

OMG, I just bought some off Ebay, my D200 didn't have any either.
I couldn't find any anywhere that weren't to be shipped from Nikon in weeks.
The photo is the only one you could find isn't it, from a forum somewhere.....say it isn't true.

this guy, took about a week

expensive, but :shrug:

I didn't get the part about you saying it isn't true?!

Thanks for that. I just found this guy as well. Bit more expensive. I'll have a look around my local camera 2nd hand shop ;)

Also how hard are they to get on/off as I don't really see how the black cover comes off an how they would fit onto the camera strap knob bit?!?! Shed some light???

I searched for yonks for these, and Ebay from the states came up the best option, but you might do better than me, I dunno.
They fit on like a keyring ring, and the black clips, clip on afterwards, they're just to protect the body from, I dunno, wear around the lugs I suppose.
Theres no other way to attach a flat braided strap to the body lugs:wacky:

edit, I'll just clarify that, you feed the triangle on to the lug like a keyring ring, then you clip on the plastic triangle clips, then you fit the strap.

So is there any way to get the black caps off after they have been put on, as there is thi Nikon camera at college which has them on and was thinking about "borrowing them!"

Just wondered how easy they are to remove if at all?

once the strap is fitted, you cant get the plastic triangles off.
to remove the whole thing, you need to remove the strap
You need something sharp and thin to open the triangle to get it started.

burgler

:)

MMmarvelous, you were lucky to find them, or maybe lucky to have a camera shop(y)

Back