focus point info

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
hi all, can anyone remind me how to see where the focus point was in my photos once it is on my pc, i can see it on the back of my canon but i'm sure i could view it on the canon software, cheers all, oh.. is it possible to see it on ps3 ?

not sure about ps3 but in canon zoom browser 6.2 double click to view photo in new window and there are 2 icons on the tool bar between edit and show, one shows the focus point the other shooting information :)

i got there but when i chose the images to be displayed, a ' zoombrowser ex' box came up and i clicked 'download images', was that correct?

You can do it in zoombrowser, but you don't actually need to open that.

In Canon DPP...

Click a thumbnail to open it.

Then click 'Edit Image Window' (First icon on the left on the top toolbar.)

Then either..

Click 'View' on the top drop-down menu and then 'AF Point'

Or...

Just press Alt and L on the keyboard to toggle the AF point(s) on and off.

cedric, i can't geteither of those, i click to open the image,then edit image window but can't find the af point in view , i'm reaching for the hammer

Have you just tried Alt and L on the keyboard Andy?

Leave the hammer mate - it gets expensive! :D

Did you load the new version of DPP which came with your 1DSMK3, or are you still using the old version from your 1DSMK2?

Check which version of DPP you have anyway - I'm on Version 3.5.0.0. which I believe is the latest version. You should be able to download the latest version from the Canon site if you need to.

it says 3.2 on the disc so i'll have a go on the website,what you up to tomorrow cedric ?

Erm.. I'm free so far.. if you have summat in mind give us a PM. ;)

Hi Andy, your image when opened up in zoombrowser should look like this, "minus baby" if not try uninstalling canon software, check for latest version and install. The red square depicts where you click to show focus points.

examp800x640.jpg

Back