Focus shift 850

Name
john conlin
Edit My Images
Yes
My new problem, started to use focus shift tried it with tamron 90mm macro lens it worked well took 100 photos so thought I would try it on landscape with my 16 35 mm but it would only take 1 photo any idea's

The camera stops taking photos when focus goes to infinity

Try focusing at f4 on something about 0.5m from camera at 16mm end, reduce the step distance to 2 and try again. Your dof wont hit infinity on first shot.

The camera stops taking photos when focus goes to infinity

Try focusing at f4 on something about 0.5m from camera at 16mm end, reduce the step distance to 2 and try again. Your dof wont hit infinity on first shot.
Thanks had it set it to f14 at the lakes last week try again tomorrow thanks for your help

Thanks had it set it to f14 at the lakes last week try again tomorrow thanks for your help

Word of advice If you’re looking at focus stacking then find out the sweet spot aperture for optimum sharpness and use that. Would be the same whatever the scene but don’t get bogged down with small apertures for big dof as the focus stacking sorts that out for you. If thatks f5.6 for a lens then use 5.6 and stack more

Back