Focus

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I have been out again today taking a few pics, trying different things but seem to have an issue, it appears to me that the images are blurring on the left and right sides?, the centre looks ok (for my level of ability) but was wandering what others thought, and why this may be happening, is it me or smoething to do with the camera? again taken with a Fujifilm finepix s4200 bridge camera. The images look a bit different here to what I see on my PC due to having to resize them, they were all over 5mb per image. here is a list of info

Pic 1 info, 4.3mm, f/8, 1/100sec, iso 64.
Pic 2 info, 9.8mm, f/11, 1/60sec, iso 64
Pic 3 info, 7.8mm, f/4, 1,320sec, iso 64

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I suspect it might be in the nature of a fixed zoom lens. I'm wondering more about the sky. What have you done to it?

Plain Nev, the only thing I have done is adjust the image size so that I could post them lol, no idea why it has gone like that. But it must be said, I am garbage at things like uploading images onto sites, especialy when the original image is to big lol.

Last edited:
I usually resize my image in Windows before hand, and that makes them easy to upload.

The banding is caused by excessive jpg compression when saving the resized image.

Basically in jpg format the files are made smaller by throwing away 'un-necessary' bits of data. It's often hard to spot in complex parts of an image, but skies with small changes in tone and shade suffer very badly. If you get a choice to adjust compression when saving, try to keep above at least 75 or higher.

I suspect Plain Nev is right, it's just the way the lens projects onto the sensor. You might get better results at a higher aperture, say F/8 or so if that's available on your camera.

Back