Fog and Snow....

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
...yes snow!
We are the only village around to have had snow....which is funny when your driving as its like going into another place....suddenly no snow...then snow....and not just a slight sprinkling of it.
Well we have a winter competition coming up shortly....so I had to go out with my camera...
here's one of the shots.
2277879812_43e386c6d0.jpg

Bigger Piccy

All CC welcome. :)

There are some pretty shots appearing tonight, and here is another. I like this one a lot Adele. (y)

Thats a really nice shot - if I had to pick a minor thing it would be the loss of the top and rightmost part of the tree but it doesn't detract too much at all.

Nice and shivery image!

Absolutely lovely, just one question, SNOW? Where did that come from, I was contemplating walking around in just a T-Shirt today. :eek:

*goes off to check the weater forecast*:wacky::LOL:

Absolutely lovely, just one question, SNOW? Where did that come from, I was contemplating walking around in just a T-Shirt today. :eek:

*goes off to check the weater forecast*:wacky::LOL:

Yes Snow...absolutely insane!
Woke up this morning, and it was like "wow snow" emailed DiddyDave in the next village along - and he was like "what snow?" after a drive into town, through four villages and no snow....I thought it was a bit bizzare. We're the only village locally to have gotten snow....:LOL:

Lovely shot Adele... I agree with you... I was driving north from Essex today to Manton Wood.

The snow came really suddenly at it was all settled everywhere then a mile along the road there was nothing... it kept happening all the way up there.

SO I will vouch for your truthfullness!! ;)

Lovely shot Adele... I agree with you... I was driving north from Essex today to Manton Wood.

The snow came really suddenly at it was all settled everywhere then a mile along the road there was nothing... it kept happening all the way up there.

SO I will vouch for your truthfullness!! ;)

Thank you Janice, it was just so strange....:LOL:
Ah well :D

Nice picture although I agree with Darkstar, couldnt you have got back a bit further or was there a snowdrift :nuts:

Nope, not a snowdrift, however to get back a bit further and where I needed to be to take the picture - to get it all in...I would have then been stood halfway down the embankment, which means most of the top of the tree would have been cut off..
seems we make do with what we have. :D

We are the only village around to have had snow....

It was similar in parts of Sheffield today too although the local weather said it wasn't snow but freezing rain ;)

Cracking picture though (and it does look very snow like!) :)

It was similar in parts of Sheffield today too although the local weather said it wasn't snow but freezing rain ;)

Cracking picture though (and it does look very snow like!) :)

It looked like snow, felt like snow, it made snowballs like snow, and when they hit you it felt like snow. It sounded like snow it smelt like snow, it was cold like snow....but it was freezing rain. :LOL:

Thanks for the comment about the pic tho! (y)

that's a very good pic
wish we had snow to play with

... I was really nervous about taking pictures in the snow....cos I didnt know if I'd get the exposure right and then the colours, and it was such a bland day and the lighting wasnt cracking.
Its one of those images the more I look at the more I like. :)

looks like you cracked the exposure and the colours
you should be pleased with self!

good luck
and report back with your winnings!

Back