Foggy Heron.

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a miserable day, I got there early and waited for the fog to lift but 6 hours later it was still there. A lot of trouble with autofocus and light in general so some heavy processing on the second and third pics just to try and get a bit of sharpness and contrast on them. A wee bit gutted since it was the best view I've had of a Heron while I've had camera with me but there is always next time. (y)

1) An idea of the conditions.

2)

3)

Click pics for larger versions.

Tommy.

Last edited:
Edit:

Original poster corrected his links that weren't showing!! :)

Cheers Ken, I know what you mean but I was desperate for some nice Heron pics and it will give me some nice record shots to improve on I hope. Worst thing was it wasn't even one of those nice low hanging photogenic mists, it was just a big wall of grey about 20 yards out in every direction, never even seen the sun or a cloud all day.

Tommy.

(y) The first one works best for me....It's atmospheric and nicely shows the bird in it's enviroment.
The fog is more obvious in the first as well.

The second is nice, but the third doesn't really do much for me because the foggy conditions aren't as obvious and it just looks like a Heron in poor light...:) If that makes sense!

Anthony

Cheers Anthony, aye I know what you mean. I did process them quite heavily to try and cut throught he fog in the pics as previously they were just a bit yuck. Hopefully catch him tomorrow though in nicer light. :)

Tommy.

Back