Folkestone sunrise stuff

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon. Would appreciate some feedback for improvement on these - or which ones you think are better. Not been out to do any landscape in a while so am a bit rusty. A silly early start for this one.

#1 The really early one. Don't remember those street lights being there before. Tried to use the shadows on this one.
Folkestone_SG_090910_0026.jpg

#2 Sun not up yet. Cheesy tobacco filter to warm up the sky.
Folkestone_SG_090910_0061.jpg

#3 Now getting on to the shots that I wanted.
Folkestone_SG_090910_0070.jpg

#4 Similar angle but a slightly warmer white balance. Sun is out now too.
Folkestone_SG_090910_0128.jpg

#5 Wider angle - probably the one I like most
Folkestone_SG_090910_0144.jpg

#6 Foreground interest? Not sure if it's worth clearing up the lens flare? and the footprints!
Folkestone_SG_090910_0160.jpg

Cheers for looking in.

very nice set - lovely tones. 1 & 4 work best for me.

Wow! I really like these - and they just keep getting better as you scroll down the page. Hard to pick a favourite as I like them all.

Hello Gribbsy. I'm literally only a stone's throw from that location and have to say you've done a top quality job!
It seem to look so much better in the morning photographically-wise, doesn't it? :D
It is one of my favourite locations for taking photography (especially when there's no-one about).

I've taken a few shots of that location over the years. Here's a small collection I've taken in the past few months (not as good as your's, though!):

Wave2.jpg

MistyrocksAug091.jpg

mysticrocks4.jpg

And underneath the promenade:

arch3.jpg

Cheers Ian. I've done this location a few times as it's one of the only rocky beaches on the south Kent coast - great for those long exposures as I see you've found. Must be good living that close as I'm a good 30 mins away so apart from mid winter, sunrises are a very early start. The sun's only in this position for a few weeks of the year, so I wanted to get this shot while I could. A more colourful sun rise would have been nicer, but I'm happy with these.

Enjoyed looking at your shots from the same location. I did an under the arches shot as well, but I much prefer yours with the light shining in perpendicular off the sea. This one was mine:
Folkestone_SG_090910_0209.jpg

Cheers, Steve.

What fantastic images, 1 & 4 for me also are the highlights. The first one possible has the edge due to the fantastic composure, and the shadows are just so unique and spot-on. Thanks for sharing, very nice!

Mitch.

Thanks Mitch. Must admit looking back I'm not keen on #1 at all now. #4 I wasn't sure if the white balance made it look too false - I guess I'm the only one that really knows :)

Appreciate the feedback to you and everyone else. Cheers (y)

Back