Football Fans

Villa fan here. Used to be a season ticket holder through the Brian Little and John Gregory eras. Gave it up when Graham 'can we not knock it' Taylor came back for his second stint. :nono:

Don't get to too many games these days. As much as I love football and The Villa I really can't justify to myself, or the wife, spending 25 quid for a ticket - football is so overpriced these days.

Favorite players:

Villa past: Paul McGrath, Gary Shaw
Villa present: Ashley Young

Summed it up well there. McGrath is a legend!!

I would say though that you can sit in the lower north now for 10 at the cheapest, 13 tops, and it is pretty decent considering. My home is the Holte End but to save money i sat in the lower north last season (the season just finished). And this season it has at least felt like even if we go down we can still score. It's good entertainment again and getting better!

If you're into forums, check out villatalk.com (if you're a villa fan ;) )

I would say though that you can sit in the lower north now for 10 at the cheapest, 13 tops, and it is pretty decent considering. My home is the Holte End but to save money i sat in the lower north last season (the season just finished). And this season it has at least felt like even if we go down we can still score. It's good entertainment again and getting better!

Shows how long it's been since I've been to VP - the lower North was for visiting supporters last time I went! I've watched all their games on the 'telly but just never noticed they had moved the away fans section. Thanks for pointing it out!

I must admit that I'm tempted to get a season ticket again this year as things are looking up for us.

Another thought: didn't Thierry Henry tell Wenger, a couple of years ago, that his ideal strike partner would be John Carew? Seems a failry big selling point for MoN to get Henry to the Villa over the summer? It would be an awesome signing I think - Carew, Henry, Young, Gabby - no defense in the land would stop that forward line.

Last edited:
Having visited Kenilworth road though, I tend to favour the MK Dons as my local team! :LOL:

Cast out thy demons! :bat:

...but I know what you mean about the Kenny! :p

Shows how long it's been since I've been to VP - the lower North was for visiting supporters last time I went! I've watched all their games on the 'telly but just never noticed they had moved the away fans section. Thanks for pointing it out!

I must admit that I'm tempted to get a season ticket again this year as things are looking up for us.

Another thought: didn't Thierry Henry tell Wenger, a couple of years ago, that his ideal strike partner would be John Carew? Seems a failry big selling point for MoN to get Henry to the Villa over the summer? It would be an awesome signing I think - Carew, Henry, Young, Gabby - no defense in the land would stop that forward line.

Interesting point... hmmm Henry at VP and you will get that Season Ticket again i think!! Me too!

Yes the Lower North even had a limited number of season tickets at £200 at the start of the season! Can you believe that? It's great down there, of course.. new mosaics too that Doug destroyed. Electronic pitchside advertising hoardings... all quite decent. Still need to fill in the corners but it's all underway. Oh and the Holte Pub is totally refurbished and open for business... 4m of Randy's own money!

Football, what is that?

Back