Football - Northwich(0) vs Cambridge United(2)

Name
Euge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

This was my first attempt at photographing football so any hints and tips on improving most welcome!

#5 & #6 are my favorites mainly as I am a Cambridge fan so they make me smile every time!

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_65691.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

#5 Vieras Goal :D
IMG_6686.jpg

#6 Back of the net (Even sweeter being a CUFC fan!)
IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

Cheers
Euge

Not a bad effort there, 2 looks out of focus.

Goals are nice but it was a shame that the ball wasn't the focus instead of the keeper. The celebration shot is awful mind, you just need to hope that they look your way!

Our club captain played for Cambridge for a while (my tedious link!!!) ;)

Hey! I'm a U's Fan! Superb result yesterday for us...2nd place and no long trip to exeter...get in!

Really like the shots. You have missed the focus on #2, but the shot of the goalkeeper looking back at the ball is great as youi have the focus right on him as opposed to the net...great stuff..

Do you mind me asking how you got this oppoutunity?

Regards

AJ

Thanks for the comments, Not sure what you mean about the celebration shot, as after they scored i was jumping about cheering and totally forgot about taking a picture of the celebration :)

Superstat, yeah it was a great result lots less travel! As for the opportunity, I had the camera in the car from taking some pics in the morning, and when i was in the ground i saw someone else with an SLR so i figured if he can then so can i... so i got the camera and took some pics :)

Cheers
Euge

That can happen I guess. Thats how I keep missing getting killer shots of goals!

Superstat, yeah it was a great result lots less travel! As for the opportunity, I had the camera in the car from taking some pics in the morning, and when i was in the ground i saw someone else with an SLR so i figured if he can then so can i... so i got the camera and took some pics

Blimey so you were in the crowd? In that case these shots deserve a lot more praise than they have received.....they are great considering your position.

I often think about taking my camera to CUFC but just don't think i'd get away with it...

I take it your a Northwich fan.....if thats the case congratulations on staying up..

Yeah I was in the crowd, I was right on the barrier behind the goal... I had plenty of room was just limited in how low i could get, also could have done with a monopod to help keep it steady.

I dont think I would risk it at the abbey, Northwich had lots of space and the ground staff didnt seem bothered by me snapping away.

I am a CUFC fan, grew up in Bourn near Cambridge. I only tend to go to away games within an hour or so drive of Warrington.

Bring on BURTON!!!

Cheers
Euge

Back