Football Photography: Advice needed

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

Just posted this in the general thread but guess it would be more suited in here. Apologies.

I have been lucky enough to bag myself a press pass for the Liverpool v West Ham game on Monday evening. Unfortunately I have a limited amount kit.

This consists of a Nikon D80 body and a Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG lens. I also have a Sigma 18-50 2.8 and a Nikon nifty fifty 1.4, though I doubt either of these would be of any use to me on the night.

Any suggestions of improving my chances of achieving at least a couple of decent shots at the game?

I's not a paid job and I am currently unemployed so would be looking at hiring anything else I may require from Calumet.

What would be my basic essentials?

Maybe a teleconverter, monopod etc?

Thanks in adavance

Hi
Think id go for a fast 400mm lens and monopod
try to stay away from teleconverters loose to many stops at night anyway
Anfield is pretty well lit so you may be ok.
Get there early fire off some test shots with your zoom at 200mm you may be ok

Hope all goes well.

Is that an understatement?
yeah i think so :LOL:
anyway lets see some of the photos good or bad it dont matter we promise to be nice (y)

I have been lucky enough to bag myself a press pass for the Liverpool v West Ham game on Monday evening.
Wow, now that's the understatement! I hope you got some shots you're happy with, I know it's not easy.

Its a shame there has been no reply on the 2 threads about this he started, Would of loved to hear of his experiance

Back