Football with D7000

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
The media company im partners in have a contract to film all the local teams Conference football games. We shoot from the stands using a Sony 1000E camera and recently looked into shooting pitchside with a second camera to give a better insight into the matches.

We decided to invest into a movie rig for my Nikon D7000 and start using that as a test. We shot a game on Monday with me filming from pitchside using a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 on the front.

Here is the 5min highlights film we have created, all the close up action was captured with the D7000

Feedback would be appreciated: http://youtu.be/264fhP9mCJI

The opening shot of the player coming out is good, before looking at the stand i thought is like a premier league match.

Nice quality, Matt. My team (Dartford) will play AFC Telford - and our home kit is the same as yours! If I get to Telford, might see you there!

Very good. Some cuts reveal a quality difference between cameras and (on my PC) there was a switch from one audio channel to the other.

Very good. Some cuts reveal a quality difference between cameras and (on my PC) there was a switch from one audio channel to the other.

Thanks for your comments guys, really appreciated. First scene (players walking out) was the actual first time the D7000 movie rig was used shoulder mounted and it took some getting used to, rest of the pitch side shots were on a tripod.

It was a little tough getting the exposures of both cameras spot on, took a little playing around with in post production but as we move on with the 2 we will get better and match them up better.

Yeah there was 1 clip where the audio was left to a single channel...:bonk: lol!

Very good, would be much better in HD ,but still very good.

Very professional mate. :)

Like it.

As mentioned above, any chance of a re upload on 720p or 1080p? Hard to give proper feedback on 360...

p.s. Stockport's first goal is pretty sweet...

Back