DSC_4047-1.jpg

6:
DSC_4093-1.jpg

7:
Lonely job
DSC_4075-1.jpg

good clear shots, but got the sense of no motion, ie. a bit static
:)

Thanks for the comment, I was after the shots to freeze the action. I have a mate who is a pro tog covering sports and he says that is what is wanted from sports shots at footie and rugby so was doing as I was told :D

Decent shots, static but sharp which is good. Lighting is nicely handled but some of the backgrounds are offputting (this probably couldn't be helped); maybe a couple of motion ones would be cool too. I like number 7, makes me wonder about the situation.

As a start 6 is great but crop tighter. 1 is salvagable but the rest could go. Focus on the type of shot you got in 6. As you say papers want shoot tight, crop tighter as well as faces. A lot of people post backs of players which is pointless at any level.

Keep going though - time and time again I advise that football is the hardest sport to shoot.

Thanks for the comments, showed em my mate and he said the same thing that out of the bunch #6 was the only one really worth using.

Having played Sunday morning football for years and having the scars to prove it I have to disagree with some comments.
Sure they wouldn't get on the back pages but they do relay atmosphere.
Personally I like images that relay everyday life in Britain, and these do that for me.
4 is my favourite. There is all this ralgex fuelled intensity in the ofreground and the kid on the swing pretty much oblivious to it all in the background.
The only thing missing is the ref. getting nutted.
I do realise the comments are of a technical nature and I have no experience to challenge that, but I do like the atmosphere.:shrug:

Thanks a lot for the comments Wayned, I never really considered that the distracting backgrounds portrayed what the pics covered as much as the foreground!

Some great photos there. I find footy photos hard to take. My daughter is a Goalie so I'm always trying to get some good action shots but its hard to take a photo at the right time and to be a Mum shouting encouragement!!!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for the comments Alison-lee, maybe you should split the game and shout 1st half and shoot the pics the 2nd :D

Back