For the Married or Engaged People

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
Well Barry and Marianne's good news got me thinking....

So how did you propose or how were you proposed to?

I'll start. My husband was on a Sat phone at Martyrs monument in Baghdad when he proposed to me with gunfire in the back and everything. Not horribly romantic but I sure won't forget it!

I haven't got round to getting engaged yet, I'm still getting to know her we've only been together for 28 years.:love:

I proposed back in 1995 whilst sitting in our hotel room in Luxor, overlooking The Nile. We had our honeymoon there, in the same room, a year later :). On our honeymoon I came down with a viral disease and ended up having M.E. for the next 8 years. Marriage nearly did kill me :puke:

I proposed to my now ex-girlfriend ;) on bended knee under a waterfall on a hill overlooking Nice in the south of France. Obviously wasn't romantic enough !

was going to do it on holiday with the help of a dolphin but my dad got ill so i had to do it earlier than i would have, are lass at work all day so i cooked a nice meal (first time i cooked lol), she was late back as she called at her mums so the food was a bit well done. candles on the table, she kept asking me what id done, and for some reason if id killed the guinea pig. Then for desert i had 2 brandysnap baskets one with icecream berries and collio on and in the other an engagement ring. she said yes :)
that was over 2 years ago, now we have just started arranging the wedding.

I was told "If you're pregnant, I spose we'd better get married then" :|

Oh for a bit of romance! :(

OHh Janice... are you rid of 'im?? Sometimes men just need a slap upside the head! Then you got ones like Barry that just make you jealous....

Valentines day 1996. It was a leap year and the tradition is, thats when the woman can propose to the man.

Chinese restaurant in Gatley, Cheshire/Manchester. We were having a meal when she dropped on one knee and proposed. Naturally I accepted, and afterwards we went to the cinema.
That night back at her flat I was throwing up all night. Must have been the dodgy pint of Boddingtons I had...lol

We'd won an all expenses paid holiday to Portugal. Neither of us had been abroad and need passports. Not wanting to be embarrassed and check in with different surnames he said, "Lets get married". :LOL:

That was after 12yrs living 'in sin'. :naughty:

Typical proposal for me. Hubby got down on bended knee at a lovely restaurant. poor thing was so nervous, especially when he proposed. Bless!

We've been married for 6 yrs this September!

I met Kate in hospital - I had been knocked off my motorbike, she was a trainee nurse - usual story - handsome patient, young nurse, you know how it goes...
Anyway, 2 years later, when I was finally out of hospital and walking again (I wasn't in hospital all the time - most though..) we went off round the world. On our way back, about 10 months later, I bought some jewellry in Thailand to sell and recover some of the money we had spent. Took it to Hatton Gardens to be told it was lovely, worth loads, but the market was flooded with that sort of stuff, so keep it for a few years. Many years later, we went to Kenya, and while packing, I found the jewellry, so took it with me, along with a postcard with a mock 1920's photo of a woman in flowing dress, on her knee pleading to the man, and in BIG TYPE, the message 'Marry Me, You s**t'
So, some very flash hunting lodge in the jungle, after a long dusty day, I left the card and ring on the bed, and went off to have a wee. Mid-stream, Kate came srceaming into the bathroom, threw her arms around me, causing me to wee all over the walls (well, 2 walls, not all of them).
I had to pay a charge to the hotel when we left, despite my excuse, but we were bought champagne by 2 aged lesbians - the only people in the bar that we thought might join us to celebrate (not because they were aged or lesbian..)
19 years after we met, we are still very much in love, and have 2 fab girls, and I still limp from my smash - a silver lining to that cloud maybe ??

Good story Steve....

I had planned to ask my wife to marry me at the top of Table mountain, in South Africa and forgot ooops :) the view was amazing though and handn't got the ring with me.

ended up doing it about a year later in Spain, on the roof of the villa we were staying in. I gave her a hug and asked her if she could feel that in my pocket, almost got a slap, but I insisted and when she pulled out the box/ring she screamed all the way down stairs to tell her friends......... I don't actually remember her saying yes, but 6 years next month and things are great.

Does anyone else find it weird that you start from 1 again once you married.... actually been together for 11 years.

Although I am not married I was proposed too,lol We had been dating for seven years by then and he took me to Niagra falls and proposed to me there while in the heart shaped jacuzzi. Was really sweet as he was so nervous,lol and then well, I don't have to tell you the rest. Let's just say it was a great night in the jacuzzi,lol :p :LOL:

As for the wedding, I kept the ring but it never actually happened,lol but were still together 17 years later,lol

Jewel

I haven't got round to getting engaged yet, I'm still getting to know her we've only been together for 28 years.:love:

Ditto :) great isn't it :) But we do have a honeymoon once a year :) I am taking her to Thailand on xmas eve, the first time without the kids so maybe, just maybe :)

Mine isn't too romantic...It was on the way back from london on the M1..we were on a National express coach and I popped the question, she said yes and we have been married for two years.

I honestly dont remember.

We'd been together over 2 years and then of us decided that it was about time we bought a ring so we did.

I think the engagement ring cost £15 quid from a stall in a market near Ladbroke Grove (London), had a diamond too, but you needed a microscope to see it.

However I can clearly remember the deathly silence and shocked faces at the lunch table when we told my inlaws-to-be. Priceless. :D

That was 10 years and 2 kids ago.

Back