For the video editing types!

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
I love my photography, love the photo editing, blah blah etc etc.

But I love my video making just as much, but I just don't find it as accessible as photography is.

I have the video camera, thats fine, but a big issue for me is that I don't have the video editing software.

For the past few shorts I've made, I've used windows movie maker. Its okay, but if I'm honest, its a bit naff.
I tried Adobe Premier Pro, but the learning curve for that was unreal, so I didn't bother.

I'm looking for good video editing software, which is relatively simple to use, but not made for idiots.
I heard the Sony one was quite good, but haven't heard much else.

Cheers :)

Pinnacle's studio software is great.

I still use version 8 with my minidv cam, not sure what they are up to now.

Pinnacle is pretty much drag and drop :)

Yeah I have use Pinnacle Studio erm....6th or something, was very impressed :) It is a good step up from window movie makers but not so much of a jump to be daunting. Try and see if you can find a demo online.

When you say Sony, are you thinking of Vegas? It's along the same lines as Acid, and it's not bad at all! Very accessible!

I've used a few different bits of software but my current camcorder is a Sony IP7e (its a few years old now). It works with Vista and movie maker or XP and movie shaker! Shame it doesn't work with my Mac !!

Anyway back to the point. I have never found any video editing software that is easy to use AND any good. All i've managed to do is crop clips, swap them about, add a few transitions, titles and that's about it. :bang:

Cowasaki
Have a play with the pinnacle software, it really is easy with that to edit, title and add music.

Even I manage it :)

Would you be interested in Premiere Elements 2.0? I have a copy cost me £59 last year. You can have it for £20 incl. p+p.

You'll not make the next big block buster on it but it is easy to work with.

Cowasaki
Have a play with the pinnacle software, it really is easy with that to edit, title and add music.

Even I manage it :)

I got the IP7e when it was £1299 for £250 !! From a second hand shop who bought it minus all the cables and software then couldn't sell it. It seemed like a good idea at the time TBH I virtually never use it. I would sell it towards another lens if it was worth anything now! It is a microDV/memory stick device and is about twice the same of my D200's battery charger!

To correct what I said before, I can use it with the mac with iMovie if I import the video in Movie Maker on my PC then transfer it to the Mac.

Iv'e got Ulead Videostudio 8 which is pretty straightforward to use, It came with a firewire card for 10notes on ebay :)

I read a review in my Dad's computer shopper magazine, it said that Sony Vegas was excellent.
Thought I'd give that a go, might find a trial somewhere.
If that fails, I'll definitely be going for the Pinnacle software. I had a Pinnacle device ages ago for machinima films off my Xbox, and the software that came for that was great (but my computer was too slow for it :p)
Anyway, cheers for the input guys, friendly as ever (y)

I've created 7 DVD's :clap:(previews on my web and youtubehttp://uk.youtube.com/user/wwwsportysnapscom)

For the past few shorts I've made, I've used windows movie maker. Its okay, but if I'm honest, its a bit naff.

simple but at least its stable. but the quality of the final movie is not so good

Pinnacle Studio - i like this and have used it for several of my movies and is easy to use and does have much better features then movie maker but it has two BIG problems.
The editing process gets much much slower as the films get larger - say beyond 200 clips of 20 mins but most importantly it will just crash for no good reason.:bang::bang::bang:

I tried Adobe Premier Pro, but the learning curve for that was unreal, :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: so I didn't bother.
This is true (i now use production studio) but it really is worth the efort - but you must use it on a powerfull computer :rules:to get the best out of it.

Sony Vegas - i have used this too - looks good - i just used a trial version before deciding on production studio

I personally use Adobe Premiere Pro for the actual editing then do the post production in adobe after effects.

Sony Vegas is usually the one I recommend to people if they struggle with premiere, a lot of people find it easier to get along with than premiere to start with. It's certainly easier for the simple stuff.

Sony Vegas is brillaint for noobies, its super simple to learn without using any tutorials. Pinnacle is good though if you're slightly lazy, otherwise if you have a Mac use Ifilm or whatever its called.

I have been using Cyberlink's Power Director/Power Producer for my JVC Everio HD camcorder. Have just brought Adobe Premier Pro.

I have to disagree about Studio software. It crashed so many times and even the updates could cause problems. Always amazed me how regularly they produced updates.

Back