Critique Forth Bridge, Golden Hour to Blue Hour

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from this thread: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/forth-bridge.541835/
@daugirdas and I had a wee trip over to the bridge. Now, I didn't have my little stopper with me, and he did so his golden hour shot has a different feel to it.

1. Golden Hour - and a wee view of a Turbostar class 170

_DSC0436 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

2. Blue hour start - seascape

_DSC1850 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

3. A nice pink Sky

_DSC1857 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

4. Road bridge blue hour

_DSC1845 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

5. I am really annoyed at myself for NOT walking down to the water level on this one but was walking too get round the otherside of the rail bridge, which we never did...next time innit

_DSC1860 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

6. Last light

_DSC0465 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Really nice captures there, no1 in comparison to the rest is a non starter. The hues and colours in the sky are phenomenal, well done.
Sorry its for critique but I have no idea yet on how to critique a pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
Lovely set Steve, other than the first they all have great tones and are all strongly composed. Agree about your own comment on 5, although a quick crop of the lower third improves it as is for me.

Last edited:
I like 2 & 6 the best. I like the angle you have on #6 as it is a bit different to the norm and the tones are nice. The rocks in the foreground are what makes #2.

The sky and foreground in #4 are great but the bridge gets a bit lost.

#1 does nothing for me, the others form a great set.
I think #2 is my favourite, I love the colours and think that the larger form of the rocks provides a better foreground interest as compared with #3, although I prefer the crop on the bridge in #3, the straight section just seems too long.

#4 The bridge seems too far away to become a significant part of this image
In #5 I feel the pipeline cutting across the middle of the scene ruins the shot.

(y) Good Job

Missed this first time round mate. All together they make a great set, a daily timeshot :) The 2nd and 4th are my favourites I think the tones are more pronounced and the forground is spot on. Personally I'm glad you didnt have your little stopper with you I think the movement in the water is just about perfect.

Back