Forth Bridge

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
The most photographed bridge in the UK, but I've been trying to get to the bridge for 6 months while Ive been travelling every week up to Edinburgh during the course of my work.

Truly impressive structure and the design is just perfect.

7271507294_ef6bafbaaf_b.jpg

Very impressive structure and you've really done it justice. The color and mood are great.

Lovely picture. Beautifully lit and as Martin says colour and mood are great.

Great (y) I particularly like the colours and how the 'stillness' of the water keeps my attention on the bridge.

I can argue all day about how the design is not perfect *but even my eyes are glazing over at the prospect :D

*-Was built shortly after the Tay Bridge disaster therefore they took no chances and the degree of redundancy built in is quite staggering :geek:

Massive 'overbuild' in terms of the spec but the design in great.

Regardless of that you've captured it well.

I still have to look twice when I see it without scaffolding or coverings after so many years.

Oh yes, I like this, plenty of sky detail to retain interest, you haven't let the lights dominate, while the bridge is the star of the show, it sits very comfortably in the frame.

This is good work.

Great shot love the colours on the smooth water

The wait was worth it Nigel, cracking shot!

Very nice Nigel, need to get down and get a photograph of it myself. Been waiting ages on all that canvas coming off it!

I was involved with shooting some trains on the bridge about 20 years ago for railfrieght, all at night and lit with flash. its a long way up that bridge when you see the water below. we closed the bridge for 6 hours to do the shot. camera was on the beach 1/2 mile away, synced the flash with walkie talkies.

Excellent shot of this iconic bridge, I would love to be able to get up there one day to photograph it myself, but cannot see that occurring:thumbsdown: Perfect balance for me with the water underneath the bridge so still.

Thanks for sharing. (y)

ps not sure what it is- there is a very small spot just left and above the superstructure in the centre in the clouds that could be easily cloned out.

Thank you guys for your very encouraging comments. I think I may have to put this in the study to remind me of my time up in Scotland.

As for the spot that Roy mentions, I've zoomed in and I think its a Crow, or it may be a Jackdaw, I'm not quite sure :D Either way, it's not going to make the wall print, so thanks for the heads up Roy, owe you one (y)

Back