Fortress of the Sea

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
HMS Edinburgh (D97) - off the coast of Cornwall.

C&C always welcome.

hmsd97.jpg

Nice, my exact sentiments as DonnaM.

What a simple but stunning composition with gorgeous tones.

Very effective - simple shapes and good colours. Sea, sky and a silhouette - what more do you need? (y)

Nice one Paul change from the spiders and things that hide in the undergrowth. Well done my friend.

Thanks for the positive comments

Nice one Paul change from the spiders and things that hide in the undergrowth. Well done my friend.

Thanks Albi - I still used my 150mm macro for the picture though:LOL:

Takes me back !

Served on the Liverpool (D92) in the Falklands and Gulf, nice ships !

Really nice image, thanks for the memories.

seaDog

I echo whats been said, lovely image I can't think how it could be improved. Top stuff.

Andy

Thanks for all the comments :)

Takes me back !

Served on the Liverpool (D92) in the Falklands and Gulf, nice ships !

Really nice image, thanks for the memories.

seaDog

Seadog not long after taking this picture she turned back on herself and set off at speed - i have a 18ft fast fisher with a 60HP lump on the back and know the time it takes to get between areas in the bay and i would think she was moving in excess of 25 Knotts :eek: very very impressive.

I have to agree, that shot is really nice. Very simple, nice textures, lovely contrast and the graduation in the colours is spot on.

Nice work :)

Thanks for all the comments :)

Seadog not long after taking this picture she turned back on herself and set off at speed - i have a 18ft fast fisher with a 60HP lump on the back and know the time it takes to get between areas in the bay and i would think she was moving in excess of 25 Knotts :eek: very very impressive.

Dogfish Magnet,

When we went through a period of sea trials, we pushed her to the limit and got close to 40kts out the old girl, I thought she was going to shake herself to bits !

Cracking ships !

Sail safe

seaDog

:agree: Cracking shot

jon

Back