Forum Bikes

you'll probably catch me on this badboy :)

207100_10150152860266036_729171035_6990839_6489159_n.jpg

With a tiny sticker slap ;D

215030_10150253164776036_729171035_7899153_500339_n.jpg

Taken on some ****** BlackBerry

Last edited:
My wheels, Dawes Super Galaxy Tourer circa 1982 mint and totally original, I also have and older 1966 model hence my username:).

6282675276_879d73e3aa_b.jpg

oh now i have bike envy, dont currently have one..

going to mums tonight so might dig out some pics of my old atx1000 based rig with bullet bros ZZYZX forks for the old skool amoung us. that got replaced with an azonic ds-1, the original first version..

last bike i owned however:

222978_6369784814_572309814_331798_9223_n.jpg

This was mine, before my near fatal 2.5 years ago

4002259687_2ea7d2d5bc.jpg
[/url] ZX12R - 01 by yosagojimbo, on Flickr[/IMG]

Loved that Bike (super comfy, and looked great), but no longer physically able to ride, and if I was, I wouldn't get on one now (my personal opinion)

:(

4856597641_93edc25c32_z.jpg

Ridden as often as possible, including all through the winter - didn't do the chrome much good but as reliable as my old GS550 and much more fun. Also visible is the commuter scooter which needs air in its boots and which may be sold soon. also, HER toy- the MX5. Great fun (but too many wheels!) and the snsibvle car which now has a scrape down th rear passenger door.

My wheels, Dawes Super Galaxy Tourer circa 1982 mint and totally original, I also have and older 1966 model hence my username:).

6282675276_879d73e3aa_b.jpg

great - i'm from the 1960s

love the pump, downtube gear changers and those so 'must-have' covers on the brake levers.....:D

you really need the massive battery lights ...see if i can find one....

Last edited:

with the ubiquitous 'bonk-bag'.
8fb18635.jpg

RedBike1.jpg

Actually I have two 900SSs, this one and a 1977 model. Unfortunately after twenty five years of riding without a scratch to show for it, I went to cut some flowers for Mrs Oggy and tripped with the knife and stabbed myself through my left hand. As anyone who has met a Duke knows, you have to be two separate Gorillas to pull the clutch so that was that.

Anyone spot the irony?

Here's my bicycle!

6301809119_7ba1a5cfc9_z.jpg

5982735448_73d7d93338_z.jpg

It's an Identiti p66 custom build, the forks come from sam pilgrim himself and the rest was courtesy of Kranked Bikes in Maldon, Essex.

Took it to the woods today and here's the aftermath

6301811079_71916548e2_z.jpg

Last edited:
at a tender 17....................:naughty:

you'll notice the mono-coloured outfit
some of the riders i see today look like Blackpool Lights...:LOL:

My bike outfit would have been a very fashionable donkey jacket and a khaki haversack :LOL:

Just getting into cycling myself having acquired a FORME RAPIDE. Anyone use a turbo trainer? Have just ordered a cyclops fluid 2 as the dark nights and wet weather don't seem very appealing and I want to keep the miles going through the winter. Any tips/workouts would be very much appreciated. Apologies for slightly of topic.

Just getting into cycling myself having acquired a FORME RAPIDE. Anyone use a turbo trainer? Have just ordered a cyclops fluid 2 as the dark nights and wet weather don't seem very appealing and I want to keep the miles going through the winter. Any tips/workouts would be very much appreciated. Apologies for slightly of topic.

Get a big powerful fan to keep you cool, even if you do it in the garage. You'll drip with sweat, so you'll probably want to keep a towel handy. Maybe a turbo specific rear tyre?

I hear the Sufferfest videos are good for a planned workout and motivation:

http://www.thesufferfest.com/

I know absolutely nothing about motorbikes, but must say that is one hell of an impressive looking machine you have there Raj

Here's mine again folks!

Taken this evening whilst experimenting with different lenses and lighting conditions!

6307280096_64149691f6_z.jpg

Cheers!

My 1995 Kona Lava Dome. It's been upgraded many times over the years and the only original part is the frame and that was professionally resprayed several years ago.
Kona.jpg

My 2004 Whyte 46.
Whyte.jpg

My new 2011 Cube Hyde SL. (I got a nice discount on last years model.) Only got it a couple of days ago and I don't have a picture of it unpacked yet.
Cube.jpg

Staff edit. Please remember the trading rules. Any selling must be in the classifieds.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look carefully in the picture of the Cube you'll see the rear of the Whyte in the hall behind. It's currently got no front end as I still need to re-attach the front forks which have just come back from a service. It cost me £99 and there's only 3 official UK Maverick service centres. My local bike shop, two of them in fact, wouldn't touch them! I can highly recommend Sideways Cycles in Alsager.

While they were away I dug out my Kona to cycle to work on and it was a real blast from the past. In fact, it was riding that (instead of my Whyte) that prompted me to order the Cube. Having a fully rigid, light weight, road-biased bike makes the commute to work so much easier and more pleasureable.

Last edited:
Sideways are good - and every fork/shock seems to cost £100 odd to service now and again. Do look to service them yourself as one of Maverick's main points was serviceability. And if I remember right, those Whyte used to be like riding a hover craft on rough stuff...

I really want to try a whyte out! So badly!

I've got rockshox revelations, fully tuned to pilgrims settings.. I'm not touching them they've run plush for so long!

Old Raleigh Dynatech

Dynatech Odyssey by The Big Yin, on Flickr

531c Roadbike

Raleigh 531c Roadbike by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Another Dynatech - the 701 roadie...

Dynatech 701 by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Current Ride - Planet-X Team Superlight-Alu.

IMG_0001 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
Though it's had a few bits swapped - bars/stem and more modern rear mech.

And the Little Red 'bred...

PAD_2009-01-28 by The Big Yin, on Flickr

(note to self: get some decent photo's of the bike - not just leaning by the wall, insurance shots!)

Back