Fotosense - Rubbish

Edit My Images
No
Yesterday I ordered a Tamron lens from Fotosense, website showed in stock, paid 15 notes for next day a.m. delivery as i'm on 1-9 shift.

Waited in all morning and ended up ringing at 12 to see where it was to the reply of - Sorry we don't have it in stock. Your website showed it in stock and you have taken payment for next day delivery. We won't have it in until next week, do you want it then? Can't refund my bank account for three days, Can't even give me a date it will arrive.

No phone call, No email contact, Nothing - Bad service :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I'd report them to trading standards. Taking money for out of stock goods is a big no no.

Annoying - A simple call or email to say there was a mistake on stock on the site and I would have been happy. What ever happened to manners :shrug:

i always ring and check to see if items are in stock first if im ordering for next day delivery because suppliers 90% lie to get your money.

I ordered a bulb for my projector last Thurs. Was told 3 - 5 day deliver. They charged my credit card last Thurs and yesterday when i rang them they only expect Delivery into themselves TODAY!!!

So now im waiting until Monday for delivery of it even though i was charged for it 9 days ago!!

This sort of service does their business no favours as like here word soon gets around.

^^^ I can't believe companies are still taking money for out of stock items. They are allowed to take your card details but not charge until they have the item. Repeat infractions of selling out of stock carries a prison sentence.

Well im ringing this company later today to ensure my item HAS arrived in, and if not im telling them to credit me back until they have Actually shipped it out to me. i wanted this item for christmas so didnt mind waiting 3 - 5 days, but waiting longer than that is stupid i may as well order elsewhere..

I'd report them to trading standards. Taking money for out of stock goods is a big no no.

Not true. If you can guarantee the item within a reasonable shipping time (3-5 days) from supplier then you're fine.

You cannot, however, take next day delivery payment if you dont have it in stock.

Bad system they must be running on....

Not true. If you can guarantee the item within a reasonable shipping time (3-5 days) from supplier then you're fine.

Thats true if that is how it is advertised. But it was advertised as in stock next day delivery.

They did this to me too last month then sent the item to the wrong address ! All sorted in the end though !!

I've had nothin but good service from Fotosense. Mind you I always buy from them in person.
Its quite naughty of them taking money for next day delivery though. Infact, its naughty saying its in stock when it isn't.

They do say on their website, ring up to check stock though IIRC, as their website isn't realtime (Can't remember)

The times I've used Fotosense they have been great, I've never had an item out of stock mind you and it would annoy me too if they took payment that way. As others have suggested, it's always best to phone if you can to check on something as important as this.

Shopping cart software always has stock control system built in, if someone purchases, it automatically takes one off, So there is no excuse for not keeping it up to date. They must have this switched off and simply advertise items as being in stock. I didn't notice anywhere on the site mentioning ringing for stock, It says - Available for Immediate Despatch from Our Warehouse. Order placed before 3pm will be despatched the same day!

What annoyed me the most is the fact that they took my order at 10am, A member of staff must have noticed before the 3pm cut off for delivery that they didn't have any and didn't even send an email or phone (I left two numbers) to say it wasn't coming. That would have been fine, I would be a happy customer and waited till more stock came in. It's bad manners and a poor service as far as i'm concerned, they will not get another order from me and I have asked for my money back.

Shopping cart software always has stock control system built in, if someone purchases, it automatically takes one off,

That is not necessarily true - although with a company the size of Foto(non)sense that should indeed be the case.

I have usually had good service from Fotosense online and have been into their shop where staff have always been helpful. It isn't good customer service to take payment and not contact you when they realised that it was not in stock. However, I have had a similar situation with Warehouse Express a good while ago and they are one of the biggest and usually best online retailers. I believe that they are trialing a new system that is more accurate in terms of stock. Maybe Fotosense need to have a look at their systems.

Chris :)

Checked their website last Thursday and saw they had a good price for a Joby Gorillapod SLR. Rang the branch to check they had it in stock, which they confirmed, ordered it via their website straight away. Order confirmation arrived straight after, checked my account with them yesterday evening as it hadn't arrived yet and its still showing as pending!!. Rang the branch today to be told they have been out of stock for a while and won't have any before Christmas.

A very poor service made even worse by the fact that the recorded annoucement on their phone line includes the fact that they pride themselves on their customer service.

Not impressed, I for one won't be wasting my time with them again.

I also had bad service with Fotosense recently. I paid for next day delivery. Sure enough, the next day the goods arrived, annoyingly however the fit of the lens was incorrect.

I sent the lens back and had to call a couple of times to get a new one sent out (which meant that I missed taking the lens on holiday).

Eventually the lens arrived. A few days later I noticed that they'd billed me twice for the entire order! It took me a few phonecalls to get this sorted out too.

They also charged me slightly more than had been agreed on the phone (which I gave up on in the end). I wouldn't mind, but they had the nerve to argue that they handn't charged me extra for sending out the replacement lens with the correct fit - like I wanted them to send the wrong lens in the first place!!!

So, in short, they sent the wrong goods, then sent the correct goods late, then charged me double. Cheers lads!

hhmm, getting too big, too busy too quick maybe?

hhmm, getting too big, too busy too quick maybe?

Think you might be right there.

I've had a couple of purchases from them and no trouble at all. Just bought a Naneu Pro bag from them yesterday. Phoned to check stock, asked them to put me one aside and drove 20 minutes to pick it up. Sure enough it was behind the counter with my name on. No problem.

On the flip side though, the was a gentleman infront of me in the queue wanting some software. He was told they didn't have it in stock, he said it showed as "In Stock" on their website and she just kind of shrugged her shoulders. I found that a bit embarrassing and out of order really.

Fortunately, I live 15 mins away and always go there in person. No problems. They'll reserve stuff with my name on (they actually stick a bit of paper with my name on it to the item), and even call me when stuff comes into stock if they haven't already got it in...

I have found that their website **is** somewhat behind the times though regarding stock-outs...

It seems most of the uk web photo shops, don't use up to date stock systems.

I have had the same experience with warehouse direct, devon camera and speed graphic but I'm sure the rest are the same.

I now always phone to check stock if its urgent.

Having defended Fotosense in this thread (see above) I have just had a very poor experience with them. Rang last monday to enquire whether they had a B & W ND (106) in stock and was told they did. Drove there to pick up and was told that they did not have one in after all. After explaining that I had travelled from Liverpool after being told it was in stock (to the 11 / 12 year old girl on the front desk who was reluctant to get the owner), I then spoke to the owner. He apologised and agreed to get one in for the next day and post it to me free with next day delivery. He also remembers me from previous visits to his shop. I paid for the filter. That was last Monday. I have just telephoned them and they have not even ordered it as yet. I was told that they could get it to me for this thursday. To be honest the bloke had no interest whatsoever! He actually remembered me as well and my wasted journey. I have just worked out that in the past few years we have spent about £2500 with them. Won't be spending any more with them.

Chris :(

I nearly ordered from them at lunchtime, although I was unable to get anyone to answer the phone.

pleased I didn't now :)

A clear case of complacency because the business is doing well which no doubt will eventually cost them a lot of business in the future!.
Retailers, and the service industry in particular, (restaurants being a good example) need to realise that a disgruntled customers story of bad service reaches far more people than the odd customer that mentions of good service.

Back