found in the garden!!!

Ladybird

Coccinella 7-Punctata
Name
Lesley
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm so excited, a baby blackbird, was sitting watching adult birds flying in and out of the far corner of my garden with food on the way in, . . . . :thinking: so I went to take a peep!

28_06_07_baby_blackbird.jpg

28_06_07_007_BB2.jpg

Didn't want to cause alarm so just popped a couple of quick shots, sorry for quality.

(y)
carefull taking pics of birds will take over...
2nd looks ok

so just popped a couple of quick shots, sorry for quality.

LB- sounds like you just commited a drive by shooting.

nice find though
Dean:)

animo4.gif
Cutey ... Nicely took LB ... (y) ... one of the many benefits of having a not-so-tidy garden ... ;)

:p

animo4.gif
Cutey ... Nicely took LB ... (y) ... one of the many benefits of having a not-so-tidy garden ... ;)

yeah! plenty of hiding places!!! :LOL:

HELP! the baby blackbird cant fly, parents are still feeding it but its just waiting for a cat disaster, what should i do?

Nothing LB ... :eek: ... absolutely nothing imgo ... :cautious:

If you try and capture it you run the risk of damaging it or scaring it to death ... ;) ... but you shouldn't fret too much as most young of this type of species actually leave the nest before they can fly ... :D ... hence the need to skulk in hidey places while they further develop ... :shrug:

But seriously ... keeping the cats away is about all you can/should do imgo ... (y)

Ring your local vet, they will usually have a number of someone who takes in and looks after wild or injured birds. I know ours does.

Nice shot by the way.

Daddy is still feeding it so I don't want to move it, he is hiding under an old rabbit hutch at the mo, have made the area as secure and weather proof as I can, I don't want to move now!!!!!! I move house on Saturday, I will call a vet or RSPCA if not flying by then.

Daddy is still feeding it so I don't want to move it, he is hiding under an old rabbit hutch at the mo, have made the area as secure and weather proof as I can, I don't want to move now!!!!!! I move house on Saturday, I will call a vet or RSPCA if not flying by then.

They will say pretty much the same thing LB ... let it be ... :cautious: ... especially if it is still being fed ... (y)

You shouldn't worry yourself unduly as they are quite clever at surviving ... until some well intentioned human happens along that is ... :shrug:

Thanks for all the advice today! I did call the RSPCA and they did say that little 'un is prob just not ready to fly yet, daddy blackbird has been in and out feeding him all day so I'm hopefull he will be up and away soon. he is a lovely looking birdy and getting used to me being in the garden, tried to out-stare me this afternoon! :LOL:

We've had a similar young Blackbird for a couple of weeks, with the added difficulty he seems to have badly injured a leg. Two weeks later he's getting about lots better and is starting to fly. As others have said, they're pretty good at staying under cover and surviving. :)

We have had two in our garden the past week, although one has now found it's 'feet' (wings? :) ) and can fly. I'm surprised next doors cat hasn't got the other yet :( Keeps well hidden at times though.
I did get some shots just haven't uploaded them yet.

cheers for all the encouragement! I'm sat watching daddy flying in and out again, the dedication to their young is incredible, :love:

Back