Found Lost in Chase

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
After a very pleasant few hours yesterday on Cannock Chase with Richard (Lost), John, (John Starkey) and Allan, plus a nice lunch courtesy of John (thanks mate), here's a few offerings.
The light wasn’t the best but the day was still a good one.

1) Coal Tit
4584746259_476e807c35_o.jpg

2) Greater Spotted Woodpecker
4584745875_83a64926f1_o.jpg

3) Pheasant - blew the whites a bit on this
4585372066_73255e31c3_o.jpg

4) Blue Tit - This little fellow has a badly deformed beak, it doesnt look like an injury but more from a birth problem. The light was very poor when I took this so the results aren't good but I wanted to share this with you. Perhaps someone has seen this before and knows what could have caused it.
I also loved the punk style stripes on his head but felt quite sorry for him, however, he seemed to be feeding ok.
4585372226_f1efed260e_o.jpg

A word of warning, there's more to come :D

Thanks for looking
C & C Welcome

Last edited:
A good mixture there Trev (y) Love the CT, did someone post that same BT on here a while back :shrug: suppose there might even be two of them with the same problem, beats me what could have caused it though, unless it flew into a window and has actualy healed like that :thinking: And you aint suppose to find Lost :nono: Did you not realise people have been trying to lose him, Ct failed at doing it, and now you :LOL::LOL:

Nice shots Trev,thats certainly an interesting beak on the blue tit,we had a nice day in good company,
regards,
john.

Cheers John (y)

A good mixture there Trev (y) Love the CT, did someone post that same BT on here a while back :shrug: suppose there might even be two of them with the same problem, beats me what could have caused it though, unless it flew into a window and has actualy healed like that :thinking: And you aint suppose to find Lost :nono: Did you not realise people have been trying to lose him, Ct failed at doing it, and now you :LOL::LOL:

Oh dear, I got it wrong again Rich :( no one told me to leave him there, at least I got him out safe for someone else to try :D
Thanks for the comments Rich, its appreciated..Oh yes, theres some Robins coming too, watch this space :naughty:

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Rich, its appreciated..Oh yes, theres some Robins coming too, watch this space :naughty:

:shake::shake::shake:

Nice shots Trev,

Typical, I would have normally gone up yesterday after work, but I was selling my lens and buying a new one so was absent for a change!

Where was the Woody shot, in Coppice at the stations?

Nice variety you have mate (y) glad you had a good day

nice shots Trev I have seen that blue tit ages ago so at least he must be feeding well

Thanks Karen. He looks healthy so must be feeding, he sure got stuck into our bribes. Its looks uncomfortable though.

Love the woodie!

Thanks Joe (y) He often shows but is cunning. The times he has sat behind the log, peering round at the toggers and sneaking the bribes away, its as though he knows we are looking for him and he torments us :D

Nice shots Trev,

Typical, I would have normally gone up yesterday after work, but I was selling my lens and buying a new one so was absent for a change!

Where was the Woody shot, in Coppice at the stations?

Nice variety you have mate (y) glad you had a good day

Thanks Dan. We were there on Thursday, if it had been Friday I would have let you know in case you were around.

The Woody was at the Coppice. Overall it was a quiet day up there, between the Coppice and Freda's, but having said that, what we got was a good variety, I have a lot of sorting and PP to do then will be posting some more from the day.

What lens have you bought Dan?

Yea the last few trips I've had there have been quiet, but still some nice birds showing.

I have bought the Sigma 100-300mm F4, which is nice as it is but I have the 1.4x TC also making it 420mm f/5.6. My 70-200mm lacked serverely for my new found love for nature lol (y)

The TC seems to work great, and it's only been tested today in this crap weather we're having too.

I have posted a Female Greenfinch, even though it needs some work, but it was literally the first shot I took with the new lens so I'm happy :)

Dan

Amazing how you can have a really productive day at The Chase one day, and find it really quiet the next day - but that's nature I suppose.

The Blue Tit with the deformed beak was there all last year. Incredible how he's managing to eat, but he seems to be doing OK.

Amazing how you can have a really productive day at The Chase one day, and find it really quiet the next day - but that's nature I suppose.

The Blue Tit with the deformed beak was there all last year. Incredible how he's managing to eat, but he seems to be doing OK.

:shrug: Maybe they act like chopsticks Cedric :D

**** me, the woodpecker is an amazing shot and the best one.
The sharpness, composition, colour and detail certainly stand out well.
What lens did you use?
I would print and frame this photo.
I've been trying to get a decent shot of a green woodpecker that's living near us and no luck so far.

:shrug: Maybe they act like chopsticks Cedric :D

:D You are the weakest link - goodbye!

:LOL: Cheers guys :LOL::LOL::LOL:

A lovely set. The woodpecker is stunning. Shame about the bluetit.

A very nice set of images mate woody is A1 in my book it was great meeting you (y)
Regards
Richard

Nice shot of the woodpecker.(y)

Back