FP4 at 250 in Rodinal

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Im going to try pushing FP4 to 250 out of curiosity. I only really use Rodinal. On the massive dev chart it gives 1+50 for 25min, I did a quick google and someone said that 1+100 for 25min with agitation every 3min works well. I only have 1 roll of FP4 in 120 so cant try both at the moment. Is there any reason why I shouldnt go with what the massive dev chart say?

tbh I've only ever found MDC to be wrong once, and that was an odd film anyway.
If you're going down the 1+100 route, I'd go for full stand dev, rather than normal agitation every three minutes. I just don't see how half the concentration, with a third of the agitation for the same time would give you the same results.
So yeah, follow MDC or stand at 1+100 for an hour.

tbh I've only ever found MDC to be wrong once, and that was an odd film anyway.
If you're going down the 1+100 route, I'd go for full stand dev, rather than normal agitation every three minutes. I just don't see how half the concentration, with a third of the agitation for the same time would give you the same results.
So yeah, follow MDC or stand at 1+100 for an hour.
That’s what I thought too. It was only because someone had replied and said it worked but they didn’t post and photos. I guess worked can be interpreted lots of ways

I had a looky at filmdev recipes and found four entries for fp4 @ 200 using rodinal... the only listing for 1+100 was an hour stand, so I'm even more comfortable standing by my assertion,

Back