Framing Photos...

Name
Samantha
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I've recently started doing studio photography sessions and now am starting to sell my work but I have a newbie question about framing. How does everyone go about framing prints when customers want framed photographs? I mean I'm ordering my prints from DSCL and the quality is amazing but is it literally just ordering a print and putting it in an average frame with glass? Or do people tend to mount the prints first and use specific frames with no glass? I'd be very greatful for any help on this.

Thanks,
Sam

Frames Can be hard work because there are so many types out there and people can be fussy with that stuff because they don't want 50 million types of wood colour in there house!! is that what you mean??

Just-Jay said:
Frames Can be hard work because there are so many types out there and people can be fussy with that stuff because they don't want 50 million types of wood colour in there house!! is that what you mean??

I want to know how, as photographers, you'd do a framed photo if it was made as an order from a client. Like, would you simply do a print and get an average frame with glass? Or would you mount the print onto foamboard first and use a frame with no glass?

I want to know how, as photographers, you'd do a framed photo if it was made as an order from a client. Like, would you simply do a print and get an average frame with glass? Or would you mount the print onto foamboard first and use a frame with no glass?

You'll need to use a mount to keep the glass off the print. The only frames without glass I've seen are box frames, and I've not used them. I'd only use them if thats what the customer wants as they wont be to everyones taste.

I don't frame my prints but they are mounted with white mount card and backing card - no need for foamcore if its going in a frame. The customer can then choose their own frame, as peoples tastes in frames differ. If you want to offer framed prints I'd say you need a selection of frame options (and possibly mount colours) that the customer can choose.

Last edited:
Back