Free Domain Transfer and Hosting.

Edit My Images
No
If you have a ".co.uk" domain bought elsewhere then Heart Internet is allowing you to transfer & host it free.

They are selling a ".co.uk" for 2 years with Free Hosting for £6.09.

www.heartinternet.co.uk

P.S: Have just transferred mine so it's a first for me with their services and will soon figure out if it was worth it :thinking:

(y)

I would say that I would be wary that they are going to stump up the price at some stage - or that there may be a hidden cost somewhere. I tend to keep all my domain names at UKReg and just forward them to their hosting. Never get stuck with any transfer costs or anything then.

Let us know how you get on :D - sounds like a bargain if it works out.

Yeah Jimmy will keep you posted. I am hoping it will be OK :puke:

Hi Jimmy,

What did U mean when U said

"keep all my domain names at UKReg and just forward them to their hosting"

Could you please be more specific? A wee bit newbie to webhosting tbo m8.

CheerZ

Hi Jimmy,

CheerZ

When you register an account, you can keep them all registered in one place, you can have hosting with various different providers and just point the domain name towards that provider by changing the name servers - makes them easier to manage this way.
In essence the place you registered the name through will have a control pannel function for you to use with that domain name - if you use that same company to buy further names they will usually be added to your control pannel - hope that makes sense!?

Hi Jimmy,

CheerZ

Yup like scoff says - it basically means you keep all you domain names in one place and then just point them at the hosting you have for that domain name. I am pretty sure all hosts allow this - maybe someone can enlighten us on that. I have never had a problem though.

Few screen shots for you. This is the "control panel" you have, which is basically a list of all the domain names you have registered with them...in this case I use UKreg (www.ukreg.com) but there are others.
namelistingkr1.jpg

You can then click on that domain name and do a range of things with it. To point it to some hosting, you modify the "name server" IE you tell it where to go when someone types in that domain name. You need to get information from your hosts...but it is very simple to do
nameserversdf5.jpg

When you have done that it takes a while to work its way through the net, but normally withing a few hours that domain name then directs people to where you wanted it too.

The plus points are you have a nice neat place for all you domain names, and if you move hosts you simply update the name server boxes and away you go :) also UKReg are pretty cheap, certainly not a rip off.

Oh Thanks guys for the insight into this. Unfortunately the free offer is available at Heart internet only if I was ready to physically transfer the domaini name to them so I decided to do so but thankfully there's no charge to transfer it from them to anywhere else which is kinda relief as if I am unhappy with them I can freely go elsewhere.

you get what you pay for in this game. Be very wary. I've been caught out time and time again. It is well worth paying a good company for a great service and peace of mind.

You may well find that Heart will charge you to move away from them in the future. You've got to ask yourself "what's in it for them"

:agree:

Let me just host my website there first and then move elsewhere more reliable.

Back