Beginner 'Free' photography course

lets you sign up your details then told me my e mail was wrong
had the email address for 15 yr so cannot be wrong !!!!

Signed up and its working OK for me, my 15yr old grandson is getting into photography and this will help to re-inforce what I am explaining to him.

FWIW I started watching the videos. They're somewhat out of date and not all the info is good, but they could help someone get started.

Certainly outdated, any more up to date ones, got plenty spare time now I'm in lockdown.:lock:

Some more:

> DxO will be hosting free webinars throughout the month of April. These webinars are perfect for beginners as well as seasoned photographers and offer step-by-step workflows and tips on everything from Landscape and Nature Photography to how to fix and solve common issues after the photo is taken.

https://www.photographyblog.com/news/free_dxo_webinar_series_during_april_2020

And another one.

Macro Photography Course | ON1

The universe is at your feet! Macro photographers play by different rules, there is plenty to discover and many stories to tell. This photography course covers all aspects of macro photography. Don Komarechka is a nature, macro and landscape photographer, and his work has been featured on BBC, National Geographic, Outdoor Photographer magazine and more. In this course, you will learn about the approach he uses to capture stunning macro imagery and how he edits his photos using ON1 Photo RAW and Adobe Photoshop.

A course that was only free for ON1 members has now been made free for everyone.

This Course Includes:

Over two hours of premium video education
11 lessons
Four real-world cases with start-to-finish edits
14 raw .CR2 practice files to follow along
36 JPEG files for focus stacking (lesson 10)

https://www.on1.com/videos/macro-photography/

I've been watching through - Leah Fitzwater talking about Macro gets so much stuff wrong in the intro sections that it's almost embarassing. :facepalm:

Mike Browne on YouTube explains the basics which gives a good idea on what setting does what etc

Well, I've now watched quite a bit of the Udemy course, and TBH I really can't recommend it. Weak content, delivered by someone who doesn't know very much and keeps padding out the presentations with waffle. When they showed some of their landscape work it had beginner mistakes (like tilting horizons).

Don't waste your time.

Back