Freesia

Edit My Images
Yes
so difficult to photograph

freesia.jpg

Great shot marianne, only thing id say is the bottom petal a bit out of focus, id liked to have seen that bit in focus, as to composition i think you got it spot on, i have white ones here, and struggled to find a way to photograph them due too the stem of unopened heads that are there. Just a personal opinion nothing set in stone from me lol.

it was a real difficult flower to get right, thanks for the comment though, I like to take my flowers in the garden with the sunshine on them, indoors you get all sorts of lighting problems. I'll try again later :)

I've tried shots like this in the past and they came out much the same. Very difficult if not impossible to get all of it in focus. Here's my best effort, taken ages ago on a Finepix A204 (no comments please - don't want to hijack! Just posting to highlight the point):

flower.jpg

I think that could take being a bit brighter Marianne. Should show off the colours better :)

I like this one Marianne. Agree with SammyC about the brightness but it's a shot I'd be more than happy with nonetheless.

Much better than that archway picture. Ya know, the one with the dark path...

/me runs :exit:

Marianne said:
so difficult to photograph

Apparently Not !?! :clap:

A really good shot Marianne - a little bit too much distraction in the background for my liking but that is just a personal thing ! And a little more DoF will probably sort out the oof petals ?

think your being a bit hard on yourself marianne, thats a nice shot, the flower is nice, the center of it being sharp and a gentle fade with DOF

I like this shot quite a bit Marianne :thumb:

The only thing I find distracting is the rim of the plant pot in the background (well I think that's what it is :D ), maybe if your out having another go you could try different angles to alter the background, might work out well.

As for part of the flower being out of focus, I really love this effect, you can capture some very striking results from flowers using a very narrow depth of field (as can be seen in the gallery milou posted). I hope you post some more flower shots.

Here's one of my efforts from the back garden taken last summer, I'm just waiting for the sun to come back so I can get back out there again :)
http://www.thephotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3924

Marianne said:
heres some links to other flower shots I have put in this forum...
Just typical, I go away for a while over Christmas and New Year and I miss a load of great work. :doh:

Some really great captures there Marianne, as a big fan of Macro shots I look forward to seeing more of your work :thumb:

Back