Critique Freighter in Vancouver - English Bay

I like that Neil.

The focal length works well with the composition and the light is lovely.

Yes thats a very pleasing light, nice and warm. I'd be tempted to clone out the two birds though and the darkish thing in the water, they don't really add anything for me and I keep staring at them. Could possibly do with a touch of dodging on the dark side but only a touch.

Yes thats a very pleasing light, nice and warm. I'd be tempted to clone out the two birds though and the darkish thing in the water, they don't really add anything for me and I keep staring at them. Could possibly do with a touch of dodging on the dark side but only a touch.

Excellent suggestions. Thanks.

I like that Neil.

The focal length works well with the composition and the light is lovely.

Thanks. Early morning light. It is actually an HDR blend, but hopefully that's not too obvious. It's taken with the AFS 400mm f2.8 VR Nikkor. Check the original fullsize on Flickr to see the sharpness of this remarkable lens (even with the HDR fuzz).

Last edited:
Thanks. Early morning light. It is actually an HDR blend, but hopefully that's not too obvious. It's taken with the AFS 400mm f2.8 VR Nikkor. Check the original fullsize on Flickr to see the sharpness of this remarkable lens (even with the HDR fuzz).

I suspected that given the the 'tonemapped' title but yes - not too obvious.

Now thats lovely, and with great tones as well. Even without the bits removed I think I prefer that one :)

Back