French Car Show 2009

Edit My Images
Yes
I travelled down to Rockingham for FCS on Sunday. It was an extremely long day and I was in a foul mood because of it for most of the day, but managed to grab a few shots.

It's not something that I would normally attend, but the main reason for me going down was to take part in a tribute lap for a forum member who passed a way in April at only 26 years old, after a long battle with cancer. It was a fitting tribute and it certainly made his family proud. There were so many cars taking part that they ended up overlapping.

#1 - Aerial shot of a couple of the club areas, mainly Renaults.

#2 - Opposite Lock Drift Team

#3 - Over The Top Stunt Team (Quad Wheelie)

#4 - Over The Top Stunt Team

#5 - Two generations of Liquid Yellow RS Clio

#6 - Renault Clio 182 with turbo conversion

#7 - Part of the Cliosport.net club stand

#8 - Aerial shot of Renault Clio 1*2

Might upload a few more later, if so they can be found in this Flickr set

Taking photos wasn't really foremost in my mind, but I hope they're alright.

Cheers,
Ian

Nice set. I especially like #3 and #4.

I would love to drive the clio 182 with the turbo conversion lol.

Nice set. I especially like #3 and #4.

I would love to drive the clio 182 with the turbo conversion lol.

Thanks Thomas - was starting to get a bit disappointed, seeing the thread slip down the listings! I've just got back from getting #3 and #4 printed, so I'm glad we agree. :)

The 182 with turbo is a very quick car, surprises a lot of things on the track. Then again the standard 172 and 182s aren't slow either, extremely capable in the corners in particular.

I'd love to get a bit more feedback from everyone on what I'm doing right and wrong if possible?

No problem mate. I've been passanger in a standard 182 and they are quick lol.

IMO, number #8, I feel there is to much space at the top, perhaps if there was a bit more at the bottom?

No problem mate. I've been passanger in a standard 182 and they are quick lol.

IMO, number #8, I feel there is to much space at the top, perhaps if there was a bit more at the bottom?

Lol yeah, I went as a passenger in one for a B-road run and compared to my old 1.6 it's like travelling at light-speed.

I agree on #8 as well. I can't decide if it's distorted as well, or if it's just the shadow (I think it's the shadows with it being at 55mm) - doesn't quite work though I agree.

Nice pics of the Clios. I've not made it to with FCS with cliosport.net yet, probably wont now as I've moved on from Clios lol.

Ah a fellow CSer. :) To be honest I only went to take part in the tribute lap and with the intention of getting some decent photos. A combination of a lack of sleep and an inability to cope with the sun, as well as the metal fencing around the track put pay to the photos though!

Woohoo another CS member on here!!

Seen your pics on flickr, what lens did you use for the FCS pics?? Lookin good :)

Lol, hey Koi!

#'s 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8 were with the kit lens (18-55mm f/3.5-5.6) and
#'s 2, 3 and 4 were with the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM

Did take a few with the 50mm f/1.8 as well but not uploaded any. I'm happier with these shots as a few of them are almost straight from camera, just a slight crop and curve change. Slowly getting there!

Will save the geeky camera talk for here lol

Yeah the kit lens is pretty good but sometimes wish it was a bit longer.

I just bought the 50mm f/1.8 as well, it's a noisy bugger eh but the results are so damn good. Especially for the price! Need to send mine back and get a replacement though, as I noticed there's 2 marks on the actual glass :eek:

hahaha it's great I don't remember faces, I remember cars!!

Back