Friend gave me a hasselblad 500C/M and 2 packs of film

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
After using digital for so long whats the best way to get good exposures?

I have a light meter but not really sure how it works. Could I just meter with the 5D?

What light meter have you got?

Have a look at the Sekonic website, some great articles on using a light meter.

Yes you could just use the 5D but then there is a difference between using a reflected and incident meter. No doubt Hoppy will be along to disagree (we always do! but it's all fine ;) lol) but have a look and draw your own conclusions. :)

***Friend gave me a hasselblad 500C/M and 2 packs of film***

HUH! great friend.

sexual camera

whats the film?
black and white neg then just eyeball it/use sunny 16 table
Colour slide either use a meter or use the 5d as a pola back

if you're shooting with ocf (amazing on slide btw if you haven't tried it do) then defo use the 5dII to set the lights up

sexual camera

whats the film?
black and white neg then just eyeball it/use sunny 16 table
Colour slide either use a meter or use the 5d as a pola back

if you're shooting with ocf (amazing on slide btw if you haven't tried it do) then defo use the 5dII to set the lights up

I have box of kodak Tmax 400Pro and a box of fujichrome Provia 400.

They also say RHP120 on the colour and TMY120 on the B&W, not clue what that means.

So Sunny 16....

Sunny day, f/16 400iso, 1/400 that shoyld give me an ok exposure?

The shutter speed only goes up to 1/500 though so what if I wanna lower the f number?

the tmax is black and white print, the provia is colour slide ;)

basically its use an nd filter or rate the whole roll at a slower speed and pull it in development

im finding it hard to trust the metering because I dont want to screw up but i'll experiment.

If I decide to take my little G11 with me, I could meter with that and then use the exact same setting on the HB?

yep g11 would work as a meter/pola back ;)

Shoud I just put it on eval metering and then go to take the picture on the G11 and remember what settings, then the HB should do the same thing?

What kind of price is it to get it developed?
Although my friend said he will do it for me and show me how its all done I wouldnt knowing a rough price.

For a roll of 120 its usually about 4quid + postage. (dev only- no prints)

Try comparing your meter with your G11, if it gives comparable readings then you can use your meter.

Be a man, learn the zones system.

Be a man, learn the zones system.

Agree - meter off the G

If you can get to grips with your existing light meter that would be the way to go. Have you got the manual for it etc? Can I be cheeky and ask what make and model it is? I may be able to help with a URL or so to point you onwards.

Hasselblad and a hand held meter - golden.

Very nice friend you have.

Agree - meter off the G

If you can get to grips with your existing light meter that would be the way to go. Have you got the manual for it etc? Can I be cheeky and ask what make and model it is? I may be able to help with a URL or so to point you onwards.

Hasselblad and a hand held meter - golden.

Very nice friend you have.

The light meter is a Weimer Lux, picture below...

although I didnt know it had a battery as there is no way to open it and the needle does move..

http://a3.att.hudong.com/31/16/01300...69285034_s.jpg

I think you should learn to use the hand held meter, but you can certainly use a digital camera for metering. If you use a camera for metering which has a zoom lens you can get very accurate results by matching the FOV in both camera viewfinders.

The Canon G9 makes a great meter and is actually smaller and more compact than some meters. ;)

Funny you should mention the G9, CT, I was just yesterday considering purchasing a Rolleiflex TLR on the forum and using my G9 as a meter and it also doubles up as a pretty good "backup" camera in case you duff the developing up for any reason.

I want to pick up a g series for its electronic shutter (flash stuff) and macro abilities aswell as being a lot smaller than a bloody 5dII to meter with :p

really ought to work out how to use my meter

will take it and practice with meter + digi till I get my head round it

I 'think' ive figured out the light meter, went out today and took 2 shots ;)

One question though, if I want to do a shoot with OCF can I use mt ebay flash triggers and PC sync cord to fire the lights? If so what is the sync speed of it?

the hass uses leaf shutters in the lens if i remember rightly your flash will sync at all speeds even 500

interesting..

Well, he used Metz flashes with it and they had standard looking PC sync cords and Im pretty sure my trigger has n option for that. I guess that there is no electrics to burn out on the HB and im sure it just triggers two connection manually

oh, there is nothing in those flashes that can hurt a hassy. Worst case, it wont work, thats all.

I 'think' ive figured out the light meter, went out today and took 2 shots ;)

One question though, if I want to do a shoot with OCF can I use mt ebay flash triggers and PC sync cord to fire the lights? If so what is the sync speed of it?

Yes you can use it, they're what I started with (Bronica not Hassy but makes no difference). Whilst you can sync upto 1/500 I've found that my flashguns won't fully discharge in that time. Using a light meter and with the flash at full power I get a higher meter reading at 1/250 as I than I do at 1/500. If I want to sync at 1/500 then there's no point using full power on the flash.

Back