Friends Wedding

Name
Bridget
Edit My Images
Yes
I just wanted to share a few photo's from my friends daughters wedding yesterday. Please feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks for looking.

EG118.jpg

EG117.jpg

EG89.jpg

Interesting effect. Gotta say I don't like it, but these things are always subjective!

First shot is good, shame the dress is cut off a touch - I'd also consider straightening it so that the bench is level

Second shot could perhaps do with the dress toning down a touch - did you use flash? Perhaps some dodging and burning could have her face jump out a touch more, rather than the dress - although I've known plenty of brides that prefer the dress to be the star ;)

The last shot is my favourite though - very interesting, a nice 'snapped' shot in the best possible way - the sort of stuff a main 'tog would be unlikely to get!

Nice one!

Cheers,
James

By the way, and feel free to tell me to shuddup, but I had a look at your site, and I'd consider rewording the front page! I may be tired (got in at 2.00pm this morning), but I couldn't understand a word!

As I said before, feel free to tell me to shut up, just thought I'd try and be helpful :)

Cheers,
James

Agreed, not my favourite effect, BUT I know a lot of brides that love it, so no worries on that score.

The problem with these isnt really the pics, which are beautiful and well composed - its the location.... there seems to be a dead tree in left hand corner, tipped over in its pot, a few large branches to right of shot that could have been moved and a white roof behind the group which is really distracting. Of course they may have been no other options for pictures, but I would have avoided that spot if at all possible. :shrug:

Thank you for your comments guys it very much appreciated. The location was very important to the bride and especially the bench. This was placed in the church yard in memory of her grandmother and we were unable to move it. I have had a play in photoshop and cloned out some of the house. I have to say that I prefer the dress left as the main point as I think the bride will appreciate that. I can always tone it down later if she prefers. I did use a little fill flash on this one. Here's the update of the middle photo.

EG117a.jpg

I appreciate the processing isnt for everyone, and though I probably wouldnt like my whole album to be filled with the style ... I really do rather like the dreamy effect & the tones.
That is ... at least I think I do, as I find the images much too small to form a solid opinion.

I actually like the processing on these, but like Glo says wouldn't want a whole album to be done this way.

Oh and the processing of the picture to block the house out as helped de-clutter the shot and focus on the bride and little girl (y)

You got some really nice shots there but I think you need to ease up on the gaussian blur a tad! Having said that I bet they look muh better in print?

:agree: way to blurry/dreamy/whatever for my tastes

Back