from Coombe Abbey

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
two shots from the weekend at Coombe Abbey...

coombe2.jpg

coombe3.jpg

playing with new 50mm f1.8 lens, unfortunately the weather wasn't very kind:(

feel free to C&C;)

TFL:thumb:

First one is nice, although I can't get too excited about it, it seems there's a lot going on with no real focal point of interest.

Second one is an absolute belter. :thumb:

You've cropped to a square format but I can completely understand your logic in doing that, it really suits the shot. There's no doubt where the focal point is, and the natural framing from foliage all around, the foreground interest with the stepping stones, combined with the reflection from the bridge all come together in a great shot. There's a great feeling of depth and distance you've achieved there.

My only minor niggle is the black trunk on the left is a bit distracting and the shot might benefit from cropping it out - might not - but I'd try it.:)

Very well executed shots. Tend to agree with CT about number one. For me the branch limbs are too distracting.

Number 2 is a cracker and well seen. :clap: Good and sharp where it needs to be and very well framed.

Gary W

Thanks guys,

agree with the comments on one - i had hoped the lamp posts would dominate more, but there is too much going on with the branches. :doh:

I'll try a slightly tighter crop on two to loose the left trunk.:thumb:

thanks for the views and comments

as suggested by CT, a slightly tighter crop to loose the left hand trunk (plus darker frame;) )

coombe4.jpg

hi marosser
nice pictures, you got anymore, is it just a hotel, or a park/recreation area as well, wife and i would like to visit there.
TIA

Hi Boon,

thanks for the comments, it's a hotel, that is set in parkland (some details on their web site - http://www.coombeabbey.com/)
We have been a few times (new year, a wedding, and last weekend) and the place is just fab!

i took some other photo's but there not really good enough to post:embarasse

cheers,

That last one is definately better for the crop, and I don't think the subdued harms it at all. Probably the opposite, if it had been a bright sunny day the dynamic range would probably have been beyond the range of your camera!

Back