From D80 to D90?

Edit My Images
No
Hi!
I have been thinking of upgrading from my D80 to the D90 but would it be a worthwhile upgrade in terms of improved performance and features?
Secondly, as I would have to sell the D80 and a zoom lens to help finance the purchase (if it proved a good idea), what would be the best place to sell my stuff. And on that note, are there any part-exchange companies that can be recommended?
I would add that some other models are out of the question as I'm just about up to my limit on how much weight I can carry with the D80.

I'll have a stab at your second question, TP's Classified section would be a good place to try your D80 on, a dealer is obviously in business to make a profit, so I doubt you'd get offered much for your camera/lens, I'd hazard a guess at £100 or less, whereas you would find a buyer here on TP for considerably more, assuming, of course, that the camera and lens are in good condition and complete with box and all accessories.

I moved from a D70 to a D90 and the difference is significant and from what I was told the move from a D80 to a D90 is nearly as obvious. The new sensor in the D90 produces a much better image, imo, and the ability to take useable shots at high ISO is considerably better. Also the live view and HD vid options are a bonus as well.
Go for it, you know it makes sense.

Andy

id stick with the d 80 tbh

If you require higher ISO shooting capability then definitely go for the D90. :)

Why are you unhappy with the D80, will the D90 rectify those shortcomings, or do you just want a newer gadget?

Personally I would stick with the D80 and get some more glass that you want instead of upping the body

Back