From my bedroom window....

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Woke up this morning to a bright sunny day, which after yesterday was most welcome.

Seeing this young fellow (Fallow!) calmly going about his business in the field was a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Pretty cool having that practically at your door. (y)

Lovely Ian,thoughts are 2 fold really think fallow, absence of palmate? maybe second or 3rd year before the antlers have really developed? Ian I haven't chased fallow for a few years now, bit unsure, should know.................@Lepus Mark could you help here.confirm ID for Ian please.

Second we don't get fallow close to home but Roe sometimes very close.....Ian years ago we watched a doe stay in the lee of a big hedge for the day. the weather was horrible blowing a hoolie torrential rain.the hedge gave her a dry window, you could visibly see the rain and the and that little quite place she found .

your fallow reminds me of the longest time I've ever spent watching a roe.

Hi Dale and Stuart.....

Yes, we are very fortunate to have such a great outlook from the back of our house - we regularly see Roe deer (as you say Stuart they don't often stay very long), sometimes Muntjac, but rarely Fallow*...I'd certainly be interested in a proper ID, so thanks for reaching out for this on my behalf Stuart. This chap hung about for a couple of hours...even untroubled when a Buzzard and Red Kite started knocking seven bells out of each other a few metres above where he was sitting enjoying the sun.

*We had an odd experience about 10 days ago. It was a gloomy foggy morning and my wife recieved a call from the hospital to sadly let her know her father had just passed away. As a said above, we rarely see Fallow deer, but 10 minutes after the call a mature male appeared out of the fog, walked towards our garden and then disappeared once again into the fog.

I only have a crappy phone picture to record this (it didn't seem appropriate to be scrambling for a proper camera with a big lens given the circumstances!)

20231024_082537.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I'm leaning more and more towards fallow now with the extra info ^^^ Think second year but would like Mark to chime in

Lol and aswell as being a stu,.stuart implies art or dog house tis too much to bare.................................always reach for the big lens..................tis wildlife ya never know what might happen ;)

Ian our thoughts for your good lady loosing her dad life is unfathomably hard right now for many............... strangers can think of each other:(

Back