From my hide ...

Lovely shots of the blue tits and I don t find the lichen distracting on the last one distracting at all

Thanks Kaz10, I find it adds to the image, but I also find my eye drifting back and fore between the blue tit and lichen :shake: :shake:

Thanks buckas, I'll do my best :D

I cannot remeber the website of the top of my head. I'll confirm later today.

Also I forgot to ask.

On the image below, is the lichen distracting or does it add to the image?

3605209002_860604f49a_o.jpg
[/IMG]

Any luck with the website for the hide yet?

Nice catch with the food between its feet Gerald. Lichen doesn't distract me - I think that is more down to personal taste. What does distract though is the 2 spots just on the LH of the head.

Taxi what a great thread :clap: SOme really wonderful images to be found here. My favourite so far is that last Blue tit (facing sideways, not the one quoted just above this, although that's nice to!).

I am very jealous of the clean air you have there to! That lichen is a huge sign of just how fresh! It also adds a very beautiful extra to the shots.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the Pine Martins (y)

Nice catch with the food between its feet Gerald. Lichen doesn't distract me - I think that is more down to personal taste. What does distract though is the 2 spots just on the LH of the head.

Thanks erding. I can see the spots you're on about. Any money they are midges. The place is heaving with them know.

Taxi what a great thread :clap: SOme really wonderful images to be found here. My favourite so far is that last Blue tit (facing sideways, not the one quoted just above this, although that's nice to!).

I am very jealous of the clean air you have there to! That lichen is a huge sign of just how fresh! It also adds a very beautiful extra to the shots.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with the Pine Martins (y)

Thanks for your kind comments Jo. The lichen is an added bonus for me. Having spoken to a few people I knew the wildlife was there. Its jut a matter of being patient. The lichen just adds so much atmosphere to images.

As for the pine martins, they are driving me to the limits of my patience. :( Every time I go to the hide and speak to the locals they have seen the wee beastie, but he never seems to be around when I'm there. :bang::bang: I will catch up with him one day.

Last edited:
:LOL: He probably sits in a bush behind your hide while you're there, then sneaks out when he sees you leave!

very very interesting thread and some of best bird photos i've seen on here

this one is a belter

3453920128_9938a14cfd_o.jpg

the detail and textures on the feathers is amazing

This is the first time I have looked at your post and I have to say what a excellent set of shots, as someone has already said some of the best I have seen.(y)
carry on the good work:clap:

Back