jolsterj

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
3317220304_d23f01e98f.jpg

3317227538_4390727fb7.jpg

3316388327_4e0caae694.jpg

Last edited:
Another vote for the pretty beach huts! :)

Love the beach huts, great curve on them :) shame the sky is blown - can I ask where the pictures were taken please?

pics taken at Dawlish Warren in Devon.

Thanks for the comments.

A good couple there, agree that sky has blown out! Anyone know how that could be improved (not in PP but in camera)? I also keep getting shots like that so would be interested in answer!

The beach hut shot gets my vote too. About the only way I can think of stopping a blown sky in camera is with a graduated neutral density filter.

Mat... There probably is more detail in the sky in the raw file... and like in old fashioned processing it is fairly easy to bring out in raw processing.
You can not expect to hold detail in such a wide brightness range with out some work...
If you use Grad filters on the lens it will also effect the tops of the sheds.
Probably the easiest way is using a program like Tufuse pro, either a single raw image or by blending two or more exposures.... this would work very well with a static shot like this.
There is not a simple in camera solution.

The classic beach hut photo is always winner....always have great colours and often fond memories of old school beach trips! :p

Yip... nice set of pics with good detail and colours...

The horizon seems to be a tad off in the first though but that`s easy enough sorted.

Darn! I tried not to say but it just came out anyway... I can`t help myself as far as horizon`s are concerned... first thing my eye falls on...

Yip... I`m a fully paid up member of the horizon :police:

lol... :D

I like the foreground of the first shot (bottom half) but the background could be a bit more exciting.

I like the angle of the last but I'd crop in from the edges to focus on the people and the path - and clone out the beach huts on the right.

Mat... There probably is more detail in the sky in the raw file... and like in old fashioned processing it is fairly easy to bring out in raw processing.
You can not expect to hold detail in such a wide brightness range with out some work...
If you use Grad filters on the lens it will also effect the tops of the sheds.
Probably the easiest way is using a program like Tufuse pro, either a single raw image or by blending two or more exposures.... this would work very well with a static shot like this.
There is not a simple in camera solution.

Ok Cheers,
I knew you could use ND Grads, but i thought like you say because the sky is not straight it would effect the tops of the huts!
Might take a look at one of those programs!

Ok Cheers,
I knew you could use ND Grads, but i thought like you say because the sky is not straight it would effect the tops of the huts!
Might take a look at one of those programs!

Don't forget you can tilt a grad filter and move it up and down etc to match the top of the huts, much easier in camera than faffing around in PP (I'm rubbish at PP!) If you're using soft grads it wont affect the top of the huts much either (IME)

Thanks for the location info :)

Yes beach huts for me too, love the colours and angle of shot (y)
I guess it was blooming cold that's why none of the huts were open for use :)

I like all three for different reasons.
I would love to see the beach huts rotated just a tad so the verticals are vertical and maybe a little more punch to the saturation - but not much!

Thanks guys for all the comments.

TAKEN EVERYTHING ON BOARD

and the grad filter is something I will look into.

Back