frosty tree!

Edit My Images
No
Went up onto the moors today, very misty and about -4c.

frost.jpg

That's nice Gary, good composition. The misty background adds to it for me, gives it a strange look that really works.

Where abouts is it?

Thanks for the comments. As you head out of Sheffield into the peak district you can see this single tree on the left hand side of the road just before you reach Stanage Edge.

Another interpretation of the same tree last summer after the heather had burnt.

scorch.jpg

This isn't intended to look perfect lol, but I saw a photo like this mock up for sale in York for around £70 last weekend (flipped horizontally though). Do you think you could capture something similar? And would you want to?

treemockup.jpg

like it, very bleak :)

I could capture something similar to the above mock up you have shown above,
but im not so sure if I would want to or not really.

excellent first shot, and i really like ribbys idea too, very cool

I love the first shot - everything about it right down to the angle of the tree is screaming 'cold!'

Makes feel glad that I'm sitting in my nice warm house, excellent shot :thumb:

Mike

I must admit I really do like this shot, I wasn't going to post any comments on peeps pikkies as I don't feel I have the experience to comment so don't feel qualified if you know what I mean.... but I think its beautiful. The angle and shape of the tree is fantastic but the way you've captured the ice, and the 'greyness' of it all really makes it so atmospheric. It sort of makes you feel like that poor old tree has seen a bit eh, like it could tell you a few stories of adversity...... ok I'm going into the realms of poetry so I'll stop now :doh:

Excellent shot.:thumb:

We encourage everyone to have an opinion Boo, regardless of experience. Your opinion is just as vaild as anyone else's, even if it's just " I like/don't like it", and you gave a pretty good assessment there of what you llike about the shot, so don't be bashful. ;)

CT said:
We encourage everyone to have an opinion Boo, regardless of experience. Your opinion is just as vaild as anyone else's, even if it's just " I like/don't like it", and you gave a pretty good assessment there of what you llike about the shot, so don't be bashful. ;)

Thanks CT I'll try and not be so bashful from now on. :)

Back