Frozen Water Droplets

Edit My Images
No
Back out in the garden again today. This time on the lookout for frozen droplets. All handheld because there was a slight breeze and tripod would have been no use.

759522110_myTGf-O.jpg

Image Date: 2010:01:07 13:52:55
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Manual
Exposure: Manual

759522099_dN24X-O.jpg

Image Date: 2010:01:07 14:13:35
Aperture: f/7.1

This is the same droplet as above however from a slightly different perspective and using Tungsten white balance. I'm going to revisit this one in PP as there appear to be some artifacts in the background. Focus wasn't brilliant on this and I might have been a little heavy handed with Focus Magic (having realised I didn't use a layer pff!)

759522084_PetnQ-O.jpg

Image Date: 2010:01:07 14:12:42
Aperture: f/7.1

Last edited:
love #2, great detail(y)

loving the second, the detail is amazing. Just one thing I don't like about it is the BG, the big white area is just a little distracting, the third image's BG is so much better, but I like to composition in the 2nd one... mix the two shots up though and it's my cuppa tea :D

Vi x

Thank you all for your kind compliments. I was having a look around and all frozen drops I found were mostly underneath the garden table or indeed on the end of the cordyline leaves but had no detail... then I found the one in #2 and #3 :)

Violet, the BG is actually another droplet behind. I did try rotating a few different directions but the detail was best from the angles I was able to get. :) Still, I'm please :)

Love 1 & 2 as well remind me of little crystal jewels!(y)

Nice set but I prefer the droplet in #2 and the background in #3. Amazing detail in the droplet

I probably could take the droplet from #2 and place it into #3 but that would be cheating :)

Cheers :)

Those are really nice mate. Loving no's 2&3 :clap:

Cheers macker

WOW, #2 and #3 for me, would be great to have the drop of 2 with the background of 3 as the tungsten has really set it off for me. Really like these, know what im trying tomorow (y)
cheers
Steve

These are excellent. I'm going to have a hunt round for some tomorrow:)

Last edited:
Cheers :)

I found these on the tips of Cordyline plants.

i think number 2 is truly superb! the patter within the droplet is amazing and you've captured it well!

Appreciate the comments :)

Others are posting frozen droplets too and getting some cracking shots :)

Back