Fuji Finepix cameras - black and white??

Name
Hannah
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello you lovely people,
just a quickie which i feel a bit silly asking, but does anyone know if the Fuji Finepix S6500 and S9600 have a black and white setting for taking photographs? any other general info about them and how good or not they are would be much appreciated too!
ta very much :D

I've just bought a S5700, which does have a B&W setting, although I have only played with it in infrared so far. The S5700 also has a nice grid in the viewfinder positioned on the thirds. So far I am very pleased with the camera.

Hi Hanc. I have a S9600 and that has a B&W setting (although I've never used it). As regards how good or bad they are, well that's a bit subjective. I'm used to 10mp SLR's and I have to say I don't think my S9600 comes close in the picture quality stakes - but that's not to say it's not very capable. It must be realised that it is essentially a P&S camera in a SLR style body and does suffer from the usual drawbacks of P&S verses SLR. The biggest drawback for me being that it's not possible to change the lens and the time taken between being able to take a shot. The 'optical' viewfinder is quite honestly a waste of space and although the screen of the back is adequate it is quite small. I do find the fact that I can flip it up very useful however when taking shots at low level.

Thanks guys :D

Back