Fuji friendly on/off camera options (Godox?)

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I have historically used canon IR ttl and speedlights/studio heads off camera and still have them. I’ve gone Fuji and I don’t really want to buy back into on brand speedlights as I don’t light that often any more (and the big Fuji head is £500!).

I’m thinking about buying a petite ttl on camera flash for occasional use (Godox TT350?) alongside their pro wireless TX (in Fuji fit) and a few of their Rx’s in canon fit for my old flashes. I think this gives me on camera ttl, off camera ttl (one light or does it do cross brand magic?) and many lights off camera manual. Is anyone else using any of that kit or mixing any other brands in?

I’m also intrigued by their ttl AC studio heads to replace my dropped elemental. Would almost certainly never use it ttl but the thought is interesting, especially if it’s on a tap stand and I can remotely adjust power...

I’m a bit out of the loop on lighting as it’s what I’ve done least of for the last few years.

The Godox kit is great, and all works superbly together, I have:

AD600BM
AD200
V1
860Vii
TT350

All triggered with the X1Pro F

How do you find the transmitter fits on the camera, it being a lot smaller and those transmitters a lot chunkier than what I’m used to. The v1 Tx is the big chunky one right?

I’ve got an XT3 so a bit smaller than the XPro line

This is the one I use, I have no problem at all with it, it's very good. I use it on the X-T3, X-H1 and very rarely on the Xpro2.

I use the same with my Fuji's and the old X-1 T with my Sony. I ordrer the Pro.

Hi All,

I have historically used canon IR ttl and speedlights/studio heads off camera and still have them. I’ve gone Fuji and I don’t really want to buy back into on brand speedlights as I don’t light that often any more (and the big Fuji head is £500!).

I’m thinking about buying a petite ttl on camera flash for occasional use (Godox TT350?) alongside their pro wireless TX (in Fuji fit) and a few of their Rx’s in canon fit for my old flashes. I think this gives me on camera ttl, off camera ttl (one light or does it do cross brand magic?) and many lights off camera manual. Is anyone else using any of that kit or mixing any other brands in?

I’m also intrigued by their ttl AC studio heads to replace my dropped elemental. Would almost certainly never use it ttl but the thought is interesting, especially if it’s on a tap stand and I can remotely adjust power...

I’m a bit out of the loop on lighting as it’s what I’ve done least of for the last few years.

Welcome back David :)

A lot of amazing things have happened while you were looking the other way. You'll soon get back up to speed and will then be going Godox, like me and many others.

Cheers (y)

Back