Fuji Sensia Discontinued

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/1727476/fuji-sensia-rip

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but 2 days ago it was announced that all Sensia emulsions (100, 200 and 400) have ceased production with immediate effect and we have, apparently, enough of the film in the UK to last until December.

Other recent victims are Kodachrome as well as Ektachrome 64T and 100+ from Kodak and Reala and different formats of Pro 160S and Neopan from Fujifilm.

Such a shame.

That said, Sensia was supposed to be the amateur version of Provia; and Provia is still available.

You can't stroll into Boots and pick up a roll of Provia if you're caught short on film though can you :(

Can you buy Sensia in Boots?

I usually stock up a whole load of films from 7DS or such like - works out much much cheaper.

Right now Sensia is about 3 quids and Provia is 4.50 in 7DS. Waiting for 7DS to do some OOD sale with Provia :D

Yeah you can, last time I looked anyway. I very rarely buy film from in there as it's so exensive (I shop the same as you do) but when you're out and about and need film then it's ok.

Love the sales, a while ago I managed to get a 5 pack of 800Z for £9 I think it was.

Is there an official date after which the (Leeds) lab will not honour the process paid films? I always use the process paid stuff and do not want to stockpile too much of the stuff if I end up paying twice for the processing.

Is there an official date after which the (Leeds) lab will not honour the process paid films? I always use the process paid stuff and do not want to stockpile too much of the stuff if I end up paying twice for the processing.

only mentions of processing continuation being

"Our laboratory in Leeds will continue to process and mount Fujichrome Sensia film until all stocks are depleted, including all rolls previously sold and awaiting processing."

and

"Customers can continue to have their professional film processed and mounted using our Fujifilm E6 Processing Vouchers available from the laboratory itself. We have no plans to close our Leeds processing operation and we will continue to support E6, C41, B&W and RA4 services for our customers."

i'd http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/info@fujifilmprocessinglaboratory.co.ukemail them and ask to be honest.

Well if enough people complain they may reverse the decision like they did with 800z last year. Unlikely I know but perhaps.

Thanks TBY. I prefer to use process paid as I can buy film as and when I can afford it, and know that once it is exposed I can send it straight off whether I am skint or not. With non process paid I end up with a whole bunch of exposed films cluttering up my desk (because they are cheaper to buy I tend to use more ... ) and when I do get a few quid together I can never remember which are the first films that need to be sent off ...

Thanks TBY. I prefer to use process paid as I can buy film as and when I can afford it, and know that once it is exposed I can send it straight off whether I am skint or not. With non process paid I end up with a whole bunch of exposed films cluttering up my desk (because they are cheaper to buy I tend to use more ... ) and when I do get a few quid together I can never remember which are the first films that need to be sent off ...

I do the same kind of thing by buying in a E6 processing kit from Tetenal - then I know my next 15-20 films from the 'fridge are good to go. Same with C41 process - which is why my colour work seems to be in bursts of one type or another - keep processing E6 until the chem's are depleted, then open a C41 box and shoot that for a while :LOL: Of course, I'm just steadily plugging away in the background with the Black and White as well.

Sensia has always been an oddity for me, with my limited farting about I found Provia to be better. Although the original Sensia was an amateur version of Provia the current one is supposed to be the previous generation of Astia which by all accounts is rather old.

To be honest, I generally only shoot slide film when I want a particular look - i.e. I want the Velvia look, so my E6 film box in the fridge is pretty much all Velvia. However, any running down of the different types of film available has to be seen as a bad thing for the denizens of F&C overall. :(

If this is a discontinuation similar to previous ones it probably just means that the distributor has chosen not to import it because it's not selling. We don't get Astia here any more (which is a damn shame) but we do get Reala which by all accounts is a damn good performer!

Well in the first line it states that Fuji Japan have ceased production... so not just a non-importing situation :(

No, but I do know that Boots have their own E6 film which is just rebranded Sensia, if you can buy lots and freeze it. If you have the funds and freezer space you should be able to keep yourself in Sensia for a while yet.

No, but I do know that Boots have their own E6 film which is just rebranded Sensia, if you can buy lots and freeze it. If you have the funds and freezer space you should be able to keep yourself in Sensia for a while yet.

Just go on their website and email them.

Back