Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Do you still shoot Fujis then Will other than your x100s?
Yes. I still had my 35mm left from my Fuji clear-out and ended up getting a XE-1 to use it with as it seemed a waste to leave it sitting around until after Christmas. Found I really liked the smaller form factor of the X-E1 and ended up with an X-E2 as well!

I can see me keeping small cameras like these X-Es alongside my DSLR set up because they're very different. The thing with the X-T1 was that although it was a great camera, using it together with the battery grip and 56mm just seemed to be too much like using a DSLR. The X-Es let me keep my kit small and light.

One from today. To be honest its quite heavily processed and I'm not sure what I think of that (colours are a bit all over the place) but I've enjoyed messing about and creating a look I normally wouldn't use. As always comments and criticism welcome, in particular any tips on how i can get rid of the shiny snot under his nose would be great (the clone/heal tool in lightroom just doesn't seem powerful enough but I haven't been particularly patient with it tbh)

(Edited - cloned his snotty nose out. He has a cold bless him :))

DSCF9432-4 by moran.simon, on Flickr

However what did blow my mind is how sharp the 35mm is when stopped down. It's sharp enough at f1.4 but at f4 it's like a razor... crop of his eye and the amount of detail it can resolve from the 16mp sensor is awesome.

DSCF9432 by moran.simon, on Flickr

Last edited:
Stunning sharpness Simon.

I have applied for the HND course at a local college and have been strongly advised to ditch the Fuji gear as they have an arsenal of Canon gear which will make my life easier. If i want to continue with the Fuji gear i'd have to cover all bases with a macro, wide angle, telephoto, standard portrait length lens and speedlight flash which i simply cannot afford. Looks like i'm heading back to Canon after all.

If you can borrow everything else, a secondhand 40D should cover the body requirement and not be too expensive. But if you're having to buy lenses as well - whilst flash options are limited with Fuji the lens requirements are easily met with adapted lenses.

If you can borrow everything else, a secondhand 40D should cover the body requirement and not be too expensive. But if you're having to buy lenses as well - whilst flash options are limited with Fuji the lens requirements are easily met with adapted lenses.
Really going to think this through as if they do have everything I need then I might not bother buying more canon gear although I'm not sure you can take lenses out with you. Maybe you can. I'm not seeing them till the 11th March then I'll know more.

One from today. To be honest its quite heavily processed and I'm not sure what I think of that (colours are a bit all over the place) but I've enjoyed messing about and creating a look I normally wouldn't use. As always comments and criticism welcome, in particular any tips on how i can get rid of the shiny snot under his nose would be great (the clone/heal tool in lightroom just doesn't seem powerful enough but I haven't been particularly patient with it tbh)

(Edited - cloned his snotty nose out. He has a cold bless him :))

DSCF9432-4 by moran.simon, on Flickr

However what did blow my mind is how sharp the 35mm is when stopped down. It's sharp enough at f1.4 but at f4 it's like a razor... crop of his eye and the amount of detail it can resolve from the 16mp sensor is awesome.

DSCF9432 by moran.simon, on Flickr
The detail in the eye is pretty amazing, not bad for an aps-c sensor. I had a 35mm but wasnt very impressed with the sharpness so sold it on but looking at the detail in yours then I think mine was just a poor one.

Were you shooting wide open? As I say, it's sharp enough open but stopped down a little it really resolves a lot of detail.

Simon;

WOOW that is amazing sharpness, I'd make a huge print of that crop image of the eye, splendid.....! Yes the XF 35mm is a stunning piece of glass!

Regards;
Peter

Thanks macvisual, yeah I love the 35, never off the xe2 at the moment :)

I would enter that amazing 'eye' capture for a competition! But deffo get it printed LARGE and hung on a wall, it's simply fantastic. The (superb) skin tones and different colours within the blue are WONDERFUL.

Regards;
Peter
Thanks for the kind words macvisual. I'll certainly look at getting a print of it. [emoji1]

Have any of you guys had problems mounting the xe2 and 56mm on a tripod? I can just about manage but due to the width of the lens i cant turn the aperture ring at all. Really frustrating as i was planning some slower shutter speed shots today.

Have any of you guys had problems mounting the xe2 and 56mm on a tripod? I can just about manage but due to the width of the lens i cant turn the aperture ring at all. Really frustrating as i was planning some slower shutter speed shots today.
Is it fouling the head or the mounting plate? - and which tripod system?

Nice sunny day, but a cold wind. Perfect for a short drive and some picture taking.

X-E2, Rolleinar MC 80-200/4

Is it fouling the head or the mounting plate? - and which tripod system?
It's a Manfrotto tripod and when I connected it to the quick release plate its fine but then that can't be placed back on the tripod as the lens then presses against the tripod mount.

Not too shabby for a £30 eBay zoom on the X-E2..

X-E2, Rolleinar MC 80-200/4 @f/8

[QUOTE="Mr Perceptive, post: 6756513, member: 1696"[/QUOTE]

Love this, like something out of 2001: A Space Odyssey . What lens was it with?

**Price drop on the refurb store**

X-E2 now £299 *before* the PAYPAL12 discount, lots in stock of both colours.

Concert from last night (Rolling Stones Tribute Band):
X-E1 + 18-55mm

Stoned
by joaonorim, on Flickr

Stoned
by joaonorim, on Flickr

Stoned
by joaonorim, on Flickr

Stoned
by joaonorim, on Flickr

Focus speed isn't really X-E1's best, but I ended up pleased with some photos. I thought about taking my Canon 40D, which usually focus and generally takes photos quicker, but ISO 3200 would be unusable.
All photos were processed with Lightroom and Perfect Effects 9.

16746709545_66c8a0f670_c.jpg

One from a walk today :) Shot with X-E1 and 55-200.

That's a really great shot Lee, the colours really pop.(y)

George.

Weather has been rubbish up here since I got the camera so haven't really managed out with it proper, so sorry on the photo bomb! Caught a break yesterday though so went for a spin, all taken on my X-E1 + 23mm

Garenin by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Garenin Village by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Blackhouse Door by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

View to teh Sea by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Carloway Broch by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

The Broch Entrance by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

The Broch by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Lovely set of images Matthew, with some great composition, good exposure, and tremendous detail.(y)

George.

Weather has been rubbish up here since I got the camera so haven't really managed out with it proper, so sorry on the photo bomb! Caught a break yesterday though so went for a spin, all taken on my X-E1 + 23mm

Garenin by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Garenin Village by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Blackhouse Door by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

View to teh Sea by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Carloway Broch by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

The Broch Entrance by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

The Broch by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Nice set by why ISO 800?

Thanks for the comments guys, I just can't get my head round how awesome this system is to use... was stuck with Canon for 5 years and this is just a different game altogether!

A few reasons for the ISO haha. It was on auto so the camera was choosing for me, when I noticed I just went with it as I didn't have my tripod and it was blowing a force 8 so needed the high shutter as I could hardly stand still!! :snaphappy:

Some days I really don't like living so far up in the wild but with views like these I really can't complain!

What are people's thoughts about the 35mm f1.4 as a portrait lens? I had got my head around buying the 56mm but I have a home studio which is in medium sized room and my head says the 56mm will be too long on the crop sensor. I wouldn't normally have gone 35mm for a portrait lens but I think I need something with the versatility to go a bit wider. Occasionally I like to get in close for a head shot however and can't afford both at this stage. Any thoughts?

I don't have either but another option (maybe) if your going 2nd hand you could get both the 35mm and the 60mm. That would give you the best of 2 focal lengths with the added option of macro (if you were into that)

Certainly in the long run I'd be looking get to both these myself. Just thought I'd throw it in the mix.

The 35mm is a cracking lens, and there are plenty of cheap fast-fifty lenses you could use with an adapter that would give you a little more length.

Thanks for your responses. The 60mm is certainly food for thought as I could potentially get the 35 and 60 second hand for the same price as a 56. Either way I think I'll go for the 35mm as a start and see where I go from there.

I sold a 50mm nikon a year or so ago. It seems something like that could be another option with the relevant adapter. My only concern is I usually shoot children which could be a nightmare with manual focus.

Back